chapter 36

kiara pov (the next day, February 8, 2023)
i open my locker.

"tom and samila are going viral." aliana says.

"no shit?" rose asks.

"no shit." aliana replies.

"i gotta admit, that was cute as hell. i wish tobiah would do something like that for me." rose sighs.

"you only had one date with tobiah." aliana says looking at her stupidly.

"two dates! we counted the basketball game yesterday as our second date." rose interrupts.

"yea aight." aliana rolls her eyes.

"it is a little early for him to ask you to be his girlfriend anyway, rose." i say jumping in.

"we all can't have a romantic ask like you kiara." aliana says.

"it wasn't even all that." i sigh.

"yes it was." rose says.

"from him showing up to your front doorstep confessing his love for you to the instagram post he made about you. it was all romantic as fuck." aliana explains.

i shrug. "it was cute, but trust me. mikey is not the romantic type." i close my locker.

"hey kiara." kate says, walking up to us.

"hey kate." i reply.

"i just wanted to say i'm sorry for everything i said before. i was just tired of seeing you so upset over a guy who i didn't think was worth it. i truly just wanted the best for you." kate says.

"ok. thanks." i sigh.

"ok. i deserved that." she sighs. "i just hope you can forgive me one day." she says.

i nod. "is that it?"

"yea. that's all." she smiles weakly and walks away.

"kiara!" aliana exclaims.

"what?"

"she was sorry. she looked so miserable." aliana says.

"i know. i noticed." i shrug.

"why didn't you forgive her?" rose asks.

"what kind of person kicks someone while they're already down? i was having the worst time getting used to the fact that mikey hated me. she basically rubbed that shit in my face and i'm just supposed to forgive her that easily?" i lectured.

"kiara, its almost been a week. you haven't gotten over it since then?" rose asks.

"no. not really. not when her smart ass remarks lasted days. she can feel bad about it for one more day." i push myself off the lockers and head toward my first block.

"kiara!"

i spin around quickly. "save it. i'm going to class." i spin back around and head to my first block.