chapter 3

mikey pov
"can you take her home?" her friend asks.

"yea." i answer.

"ok."

"so you're not gonna ask me?"

"just go, kiara. you'll be fine. i promise. i'd rather you go with him. call me if you need me." her friend adds. i grab her hand. she looks down at our hands, then up at me. she looks back at her friend.

"ali."

"just go."

i pull her away from the group. i open the gym door. i lead her down the open hallway.

"where are we going?" she asks.

"i have to change clothes first." i reply. i stop in front of the girls bathroom. "my team is still in the locker room so i need you to stay in here until i'm done. i'll come get you, ok?" i explain.

"o-ok." she stutters. i watch her walk into the bathroom and smile. i walk down the hall casually and into the locker room.

"what took you so long mike?" zeke asks.

"i had a few fans that wanted some pictures." i lie. i stand beside a bench and change clothes.

"you weren't talking at all in the first quarter. communicate with each other. i need you guys to get a lead and keep a lead next time. other than that,  you guys played good out there." coach says. "alright. practice monday after school. don't be late." i stuff my clothes in my bag. i grab my keys.

"mike, i'm riding with jason, so you don't have to take me back." zeke says.

"ight." i reply. i slip on my slides. "see y'all tomorrow." i say.

"bye mike."

i head back to the girls bathroom.

"kiara!" i yell. she doesn't come out. "kiara!" i yell again.

"calm your tits. i'm coming." she says. she walks around the corner slowly.

"follow me." i say. i turn on my heel and walk towards the exit. i open the door. kiara follows behind me lazily. i unlock the car doors. "hop in."

i open the back door and toss my bag in the backseat. i get in the drivers seat.

"where do you live?" i ask.

"Brightwood." she says.

"ok, but i need to know your address." i say.

"144 Maple Lane, Brightwood Crossing." she says.

i type in her address. i pull out of the parking lot and head down the street.

"it's gonna be a long drive. you wanna get something to eat?" i ask.

"like what?" she asks.

"whatever you want." i reply looking over at her.

she glances at me. "what about steak and shake?" she asks.