chapter 29

kiara pov (3 days later, February 2, 2023)
"hey kiara. it's good to see you in a good mood." rose smiles.

"how can i not be? i have a family who loves me, my soccer career is progressing and i have amazing friends. what more could a girl want?" i smile. i toss my arm around aliana's shoulder.

"mikey." kate remarks.

"katherine, shut the hell up." rose says.

"no it's fine. she obviously has something to say. let her speak." i interrupt.

kate takes a deep breath. "i just don't think you're over mikey so quickly. it's obvious you love him."

"i don't need your judgement kate. i have enough of that already. do you not see the comments on the shade room? people are bashing me because pictures of mikey and his new girlfriend are surfacing. they're not happy that i let them believe he and i were still together."

"ki-"

"not to mention mikey already hates me. the world i can deal with, but mikey? nah, that shit actually hurts. so if you could keep your opinions to yourself, that would be great." i walk away from her before the argument escalates to anything else.

"she already has a lot on her plate. she doesn't need you there to bring her down too, katherine." aliana says from behind me.

seconds pass. aliana appears beside me. she hooks her arm in mine.

"you didn't have to do that ali." i sigh.

"you're my best friend. i'll always take your side." she smiles. i smile back.

mikey pov
"you decide what you're gonna do yet?" dad asks sitting beside me on the couch.

"no." i sigh.

"at all?"

"no."

"have you talked to haven today?"

"no."

"have you seen kiara recently?"

"no."

"well when you decide what to do, i support you either way. i'm kinda leaning more towards haven, but i know kiara would never do anything to purposely hurt you. just be mindful and open when you decide." dad says. he slaps my shoulder and stands up. "don't be late for school." 

"hey mike." mom smiles. she walks up to me.

"hey." i reply blandly.

"you ok? you seem down." she sits beside me on the couch.

"ever since maliki told me kiara's in love with me, my mind has been all over the place." i sigh.

"that's perfectly normal."

"i just never thought my relationship with kiara would get this far." i shrug.

"i knew." mom states. i look at her.

"how?"

"i saw the way you guys looked at each other. it's how your father and i looked at each other when we were your age." she smiles. i look away from her. "i know you don't want us to tell you what we think is best for you, but we want the best for you. we just think it should be kiara."