chapter 42

third pov
after that day, time went on quickly. kiara was able to check on sean and erica with little awkwardness for the last couple months. kiara and aliana finished their senior soccer season in may at the top of their conference. mikey went to every game he could go to, which was all expect two. kiara's schedule clashed with mikey's basketball practices, so mikey had been traveling back and fourth from soccer games to basketball practices.

kiara averaged one and a half goals a game, which is pretty impressive. she really wanted to show why she got a full scholarship to stanford. aliana averaged three assists a game, which is also really good.

geo was more involved in the kids lives. he went to every soccer game kiara had. he and isaiah did a few more things together to strengthen their relationship. uriah came from school a little more often to spend time with his family, including aliana.

aliana and zeke were still going strong. they decided they wanted to try to make a long distance relationship work. they didn't want to end up like mikey and kiara; scared they would break each others hearts by not spending time together, so they're keeping their relationship alive.

tobiah and rose are still together. she's been more lenient with him on calling and texting. she knows he's busy with the mafia. tobiah makes an effort to come to north carolina to see her on the weekends and he's even been to a few of her games.

kate has also apologized for her words and actions. she realized she was being inconsiderate toward kiara. kiara finally accepted her apology. kate has also been to new york a few times where she ran into tobiah's friend alessandro each time she's visited new york.

with graduation around the corner for all the seniors, nervous and anxious feelings are being stirred throughout the friend group.

kiara pov (June 13, 2023)
graduation is tomorrow for mikey and samila. aliana, kate, rose and i's graduation is two days after mikey's. i've been nervous for my graduation day. it's the start of the end of mikey and i's relationship. we've been going so strong for the last couple months. i really don't want it to end, but it has to for our mental health.

he's been around all the time. it's like he doesn't want to leave my side. if he's not in the same room as me, he walks around until he finds me. i know he's dreading the day we split. it's been heavy on my mind too. i just hope we take it well. there's nothing easy about ending a relationship.

"what time are we eating after graduation?" zeke asks from the other couch with aliana's legs draped over his.

"probably 5 since graduation is at 2." mikey says.

"where are we going again?" aliana asks.

"sidelines?" zeke suggests.

"hell no." i answer. "i refuse."

"come on kiara. it's a nice place." aliana pleads.

"yea, for a college basketball game." i reply.

"don't you disrespect sidelines like that."

"it is a sports bar zeke." mikey says.

"i'm not going to sidelines zeke." samila says walking into the living room.