chapter 6

kiara pov (November 12, 2022)
i open my closet doors. i grab a plain long-sleeve, olive green shirt, camo, cargo pants and black fly knit vapor max. 

"that's what you're wearing?" aliana asks.

"yes." i reply confidently.

"it's cute." she says. i mentally pat myself on the back.

"what are you wearing?" i ask.

"matching you." she says.

i shrug my shoulders. "fine by me."

she walks up to my closet and picks out an outfit as i'm putting mine on. she picks out a black long-sleeve shirt, black and white camo cargo pants and her black fly knit vapor max. i go into my bathroom. i do my hygiene routine and hair routine. i walk out of the bathroom and go to my jewelry box. i put on a necklace with the matching earrings and a few rings.

"you ready?" aliana asks, walking out of my bathroom.

"yea." i reply.

i grab my keys from my dresser. i grab my phone then slide it in my pocket. i open my door and walk downstairs. isaiah and uriah are in the kitchen.

"hey." i smile.

"hey." isaiah replies.

"where you going?" uriah asks, scanning my outfit.

"charlotte." i reply.

"why?"

"meeting a friend." i sigh and grab a croissant.

"why?" he questions.

"shouldn't you be at school?" i ask sarcastically.

"not today." he says. i roll my eyes. aliana comes down the stairs.

"come on kiara." she says. she walks in the kitchen. she goes into the fridge and grabs a water.

"get me one too, please." i say. she grabs another water from the fridge. she tosses it to me. i catch it.  she grabs a few croissants and follows me to the door.

"you better eat all those ali!" uriah yells.

"i will." she replies.

i walk out the front door. aliana follows behind me. we hop in the car. i pull off to the address mikey sent me.

mikey pov
i shoot from behind the three point line. it goes in.

"alright guys. get your two laps in." coach yells across the gym. i sigh. i start running around the gym.

after our two laps were over, we stretched.

"i know it's open practice today, but that doesn't mean show off. we go over the plays the right way." coach says. i nod my head in response. we continue in a seating position to stretch our legs.

in that moment, i see kiara and aliana walk in. kiara wearing olive green camo with her braids in a low ponytail. i smile while admiring her. aliana whispers something in kiara's ear. kiara looks at me. i smile shyly and wave. she waves back with a small smile.