chapter 18

mikey pov
"why didn't you go after her?" samila yells.

"samila, you're gonna stop yelling at me." i state looking up at her.

"answer my question." she says folding her arms.

"didn't you hear our conversation? why the hell would i go after her?"

"you said you loved her, did you not?" she says raising her voice at me.

i look up at her stupidly. "if you love someone, set them free right?"

"you know what? i'm not gonna do this with you. yes i'm upset that she didn't tell you sooner, but i know for a fact that that part of her is gone. she's not  obsessed with you anymore. she truly loves you. i could see it in her eyes, and i can see that you love her too. so if you really loved her, you would look past it but it's obvious that you have a bird brain because you can't see that she isn't infatuated with you."

i cut her off. "samila."

"no. i'm done trying to help you understand because it's obvious that you don't understand. you need to go after what you want, instead of setting it free. but hey! it's your life, right? live it as miserably as you want. because that's what you're gonna be without her. miserable."

she rolls her eyes as walks out of my room. she opens her room door and closes it behind her. maliki walks into my room slowly.

"i can't give you a good speech like that, but i agree. she loves you and it's not an obsession anymore. she truly wants to be with you, but you keep pushing her away. if you love her like you told her you do, then i need you to go after her. she's the best thing that's happened to you. i want you to be happy, but i really think you need to do what's best for you." maliki says.

he sighs as he walks toward his room down the hall.

i sigh.

of course i love her, but all that did was show me she was just like every other girl. she wants me for money or clout. and i'm not ok with that. so i have to leave her for good. there's no going back. it's over.

kiara pov
i storm into the house and slam the door behind me.

i calmed down a little on the ride here, but it mostly consisted of tears and screaming. i never thought i would be this hurt when i met mikey. i just thought this would be another one of his flings. i guess not. because now i really love that annoying ass boy.

isaiah, uriah, my dad, aliana and xaela watch as i run past the living room and up the stairs. i go into my room, slamming the door behind me. i flop on my bed face first. aliana and isaiah storm into my room seconds later.

"what the hell happened to you?" isaiah asks.

"mhhhyy." i groan into my bed.

"what?" isaiah asks again.

"mikey." i say lifting my head briefly.

"what'd he do?" aliana asks.

"we're done. it's over." i state.