chapter 41

kiara pov (April 27, 2022)
"oh my god kiara, shut up!" uriah yells.

"how about you shut up uriah." i reply.

"you ordering people around won't help anything." he adds.

"you criticizing me doesn't help." i groan.

he rolls his eyes at me and walks away.

"did she call yet?" rose asks walking down the stairs.

"no, not yet." i reply. aliana walks down the stairs behind her.

"how do i look?" aliana asks.

i examine her outfit. she's wearing a uswnt shirt with megan's name and number on the back, black shorts, uswnt socks and a uswnt hat.

"take off the uswnt merch. it makes you look desperate." i say.

"i knew it was too much." she sighs. she turns back upstairs. the doorbell rings. aliana speeds up the stairs. rose laughs and heads for the kitchen. i smile as i walk to the door.

"hey." zeke smiles as soon as the door opens.

"hey zeke." i smile. he steps through, revealing mikey behind him.

"hey." mikey says.

"hey." i reply.

he sighs and pulls me into a hug. i wrap my arms around his waist. i lean my head on his chest, taking in his scent. he takes a few steps into the house and closes the door with his foot.

"i'm sorry." he whispers.

"it's ok mikey. i understand."

"i shouldn't have said what i said. we can make it work. i know we can and i'm sorry for doubting that." mikey says.

"it's ok mikey."

"gimme kiss." he looks down at me with a smile. he leans into me and places his lips softly onto mine. he kisses me gently, in a way that tells me he's truly sorry. "i love you holmes." he smiles.

"i love you too." i smile back.

"that's cute and shit but megan is gonna call soon." aliana says. she's wearing a much more appealing outfit.

"she's not heterophobic." i say leaning my head on mikey's chest.

"but i'm pretty sure she doesn't want to see that shit." aliana sighs.

i roll my eyes at her. mikey leads us to the couch. he sits down first, then pulls me on top of him, despite the other empty couch space in the living room. aliana, and zeke walk down the stairs together. rose smiles at me from the kitchen.

"ki, you know when tobiah is coming back?" rose asks. she takes a sip of her water.

"no." i reply realizing i haven't talked to him in a while.

"when you do, can you tell him to return my calls?" she questions.

"he hasn't returned your calls?" i question, shock clearly written all over my face.