chapter 13

mikey pov
i close isaiah's room door.

"is he sleep?" kiara asks.

"yea. he just went." i reply.

"i know he's gonna have a nightmare tonight." she sighs.

"you gonna stay with him?" i ask.

"i have to. i'm not gonna let him go through this alone." she hugs me around my waist. i hug her back. "sorry we didn't get to do anything."

"i don't mind. some time together is better than none." i smile and kiss her forehead. "you gonna be ok?"

"i'll be fine."

"you sure?"

"yea."

"ok. i'll see you later."

"tomorrow?" she asks, looking up at me.

"that's cool." i smile.

"bye mikey." she smiles.

"bye." she walks into isaiah's room and looks at me as she closes the door. "be safe."

"always."

i turn on my heel and walk downstairs. i walk up to the front door.

"mikey." geo says coming out of no where.

"yes sir?"

"thank you for watching out for isaiah and kiara." he says.

"you don't have to thank me. i want to." i reply. i open the front door.

(later)
"hey." samila says as i walk through the door.

"hey." i reply.

"you came back quick. how was kiara's?" my mom asks.

"not so great." i sigh.

"how so?" dad asks.

"i learned a lot about her past. nothing good." i say.

"you hungry?" mom asks.

"not really. i kinda just wanna go to bed." i sigh. i head upstairs. i walk into my room and close the door.

not even a minute later, samila walks into my room and closes the door.

"what's going on? what happened while you were at kiara's house?" she asks.

"is not my story to tell." i state.

"just tell me mikey." she groaned.

"her brother saw her sister get killed, her mom left her brother to save herself and she practically had to raise her brother on her own." i say.  

"what?" she looks at me with shock all over her face. "we-we have to go there right now." she says.

"no. she's taking care of her brother right now. she doesn't need you as a distraction." i say. i stand up and head to my bathroom.