chapter 19

kiara pov (the next day, December 14, 2022)
the last time i saw mikey was sunday. it's wednesday. i've been thinking about him constantly. you can't get a relationship like ours out of your mind so quickly. i had no idea how he was feeling or what he was doing. i haven't went on social media in days. i just hope he's ok. i hope he's doing better than me because i have no idea what to do now that we're not together anymore.

how do i go on living without him? do i remember how to live without him? will i be able to live without him? will i ever get him back?

i don't know the answer to any of those questions and i don't want to find out. if i find out the answers, it means we're over. for good.

samila pov
"mikey, calm down." gabrielle says.

"i can't calm down. how do you expect me to calm down when there's no more grape juice?" mikey exaggerates.

"because it's just grape juice." leo says in a duh tone.

"it's not just grape juice. it was special. it was white grape." tom and i groan at mikey's words.

tom walks up to mikey and slaps him across his face. zeke laughs from beside me.

"snap out of it would you?!" tom yells shaking mikey.

"you've been in this funk since you and kiara split. i need you to get a grip on yourself mikey. stop moping around everywhere you go." gabrielle says.

"how are you holding up, samila?" zeke whispers. i look up at him in confusion. "everyone's been so concerned with mikey that they've forgotten how close you were with kiara."

"yea we were close, but i'm not sure how to feel. she was the closest thing i had to a sister. she's been through so much and i know this won't make her life any better. i'm not defending what she did but i know she's not like that anymore. i do miss her, more than anyone knows, but i have to be strong for him." i explain. gabrielle side hugs me.

"you don't have to be strong all the time. it's ok to be vulnerable." leo says.

"you don't have to be strong for me, samila." mikey says. his breathing has slowed within the past two minutes.

"well it's obvious you can't be strong for yourself." i reply.

"i loved her, samila." he scoffs.

"i know, mikey." i scoff back. "but you let her leave. you didn't go after her. so suck it up and be a man." i roll my eyes.

kiara pov
"chips are not the best way to get over someone kiara." uriah says walking into my room.

i look down at my bed. multiple bags of honey barbecue lays lye empty on my bed. i don't even like them that much, but i ate them anyway.

"what else am i supposed to do after school?" i ask.

"something more productive. soccer season is approaching fast and you are so out of shape." isaiah says walking into my room. i roll my eyes.

"is this some kind of ambush?" i question. they both look at each other then look at me.

"yes." they say in unison.