v. 🧸

chapter 5

Pollyanna would've loved to stay home and sleep with Hadley, but this was what she had to do. sentry duty with ... Edmund.

"Where is he ...?"

Nowhere to be found. Then all of a sudden, he was somewhere to be found.

"How's your new puppy ? He's obedient, isn't he... ?" Edmund pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

He was teasing her, but she didn't offer any words. That'd fill his gross fantasies. She just gave a low warning hiss. She sniffed the air, causing her to sense impending intruders. They were vampires, and they were outsiders.

"We got company."

Edmund tossed his cigarette and took his stance next to Pollyanna. The two didn't like each other, but the other sentries could agree that them fighting together was on another level. For some reason, they were so good at coordinating their attacks with each other.

Before them stood 3 recently turned vampires. Pollyanna and Edmund were outnumbered, but they were *much* stronger. Numbers didn't mean much.

"Newborns ... y'all are new to this whole vampire thing, so I could just give you a warning and walk away scratch-free," said Pollyanna. "Wanna take it? Or start a fight y'all won't win... ?"

It was clear the young vampires weren't backing down. They were overzealous. Pollyanna could relate; she remembered when she was just like them.

As anyone might've expected, Pollyanna and Edmund had wiped the floor with the three. Edmund came close to decapitating one and killing her, but Pollyanna was somehow able to prevent that from happening.

"Our only job is to guard. Nothing more, nothing less."

Edmund smirked creepily. "... you're right." Was simply all he said.

Pollyanna needed to go home and decompress.