iii. 🧸

chapter 3

Pollyanna carried him in her humble little home, letting him rest on the couch.

"hey, sweetheart. I'm gonna go run you a bath, okay?" she stroked his head. "then... maybe you can talk to me? tell me your name and where you come from...?"

she walked to the bathroom and started up the water, making sure the temperature was just right. it was so intriguing how he was a hybrid of a vampire and a werewolf. they were quite rare. they're often looked down upon by both sides, though. she didn't care; he was deserving of someone to be with him and to care for him. Pollyanna Brooke was nurturing by nature.

he was small, but he wasn't that young. he had wiry facial hair that was scattered above his top lip and across his jawline. he was deathly skinny too; she'd have to prepare a meal for him afterwards.

Pollyanna met back up with him in the living room. this time, he was laying down on the couch.

"poor thing. hey, honey, the bath is ready. come on, let's go get you cleaned up."

she grabbed his arm, tugging him lightly. he stood up weakly and essentially just let her drag him to the bathroom.

Pollyanna took the filthy clothes off of him and tossed them to the floor. they'd have to go to the trash because they were in such awful condition, covered in unidentifiable
stains and discolored beyond belief.

she sat him in the tub, hoping the water wasn't too hot.

"how's that? I'll start with your hair."

she grabbed the shampoo and put it on his head. as she was lathering it, she got a big surprise.

"what was that? did you say something?" she asked.

"... thank you." his voice was so quiet and tiny. Pollyanna detected the slight Southern drawl that was present in his speech.

"of course. could... you tell me what your name is? I wanna know what to call you."

"Hadley." he pulled his knees up to his chest and hugged them closer.

"Hadley. I'm Pollyanna, but... you could just call me Polly. where did you come from, and where's your family?"

Hadley tensed, and she easily spotted it. Pollyanna took the hint and reeled back.

"oh, you don't have to tell me! I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry."

Hadley sniffled. something happened to him, and whatever it was, it left some deep scars.

she washed him up while trying to be respectful.

"okay, baby, were done. here, dry off."

Pollyanna picked up a large towel, putting it over Hadley's shoulders. the mat on the floor was being soaked by the water falling off of him.

"I'll go get you some clothes."

she'd brought him a large oversized shirt.

"I don't have any underwear for you, though... I hope you aren't too uncomfortable."

the only thing she had were her own panties, and she figured it might not be the best idea to share those. she'd have to buy him some the next time she went shopping.

Hadley nodded. "... I'm fine."

"okay, come on. I'm going to fix you something to eat."