i. 🧸

chapter 1

the young werewolf-vampire hybrid of 19 years old stayed deathly silent, hiding in the dusty old secret room underneath his house. his mother told him to go there if he was ever in danger. he nodded along to her in understanding, never foreseeing that he'd have to use the space to save his life.

now he wish he could've taken it a little more seriously.

the rest of his family was dead - his mother, his father, his cousin, and his grandmother. it was just him left. a hunter had somehow sussed them out, and he stalked the quiet house. he was looking for the last wolf.

while waiting for the hunter to leave so he could run, he felt tears streaming down his cheeks. why couldn't his family live? why couldn't the hunter just ignore their existence and go slay vampires instead? those silver bullets he carried with him were the literal bane of the hybrid boy's existence.

one shot would put him down for good, just like the rest of them.

he waited and waited, listening to the heavy footsteps. the heavy, steel-toed boots struck so much fear in the hybrid's heart.

after what seemed like forever, the footsteps ceased. was the hunter gone? the boy sure hoped so. he lifted the hatch, slowly climbing out into the house. he was barefoot which helped immensely to quiet his own footsteps.

it wasn't enough however, because as he was quickly making his way to the front door to run far away,  he was yanked up by his neck by a much larger figure. he struggled, screamed, and cried, wanting so desperately for the hunter to let him go.

he laughed at the boy's pain maliciously, taunting him about the fact that his whole family was dead, and he had no one. no one to run to if he survived. no one to save him before the hunter ended him.

gathering all his strength and courage, or waht little of it he had left, the hybrid ejected his fangs and bit a large chunk of the hunter's neck. he dropped the hybrid and was incapacitated for a short time. he cursed loudly as the boy ran outside.

he didn't get far though. the hunter somehow had caught him again, tackling him to the ground. the impact was painful. even so, he wiggled from underneath the hunter and began to crawl. it wasn't a successful attempt. 

the large hunter pinned both of the boy's arms above his head with one hand. the other hand went to roughly squeezing the hybrid's face and taunting him even more.

he wasn't sure how much more he could endure until shockingly, he felt the buckle of his pants come undone and felt them being pulled down. he didn't remember much of what happened after that. he just remembered coming to with blood on his hands, face, and the mangled remains of the hunter lying nearby.