Chapter Twenty Six

Eleanor's POV

"I really have so much fun having this dinner with you Mrs. Collins." James said standing beside the door.

"Are you really leaving now?" Alexis asked.

James kneel down infront of Alexis so that they're at the same level now. He ruffled Alexis' hair.

"Don't worry, I'll visit again. Maybe some other time." James said.

"Is that true?" Alexis said as she pouts.

James just nod his head and smiled at Alexis.

"Can I keep your promise?"

"Promise," and then James smiles at her and Alexis smiled back at him.

James stood up. "Mrs. Collins, thanks for having me." He said and mom smiled at him. "Drive safe," mom said.

We're about to walk outside but then Alexis grabbed James' wrist. James kneel down and Alexis whispered something at him.

Mom looked at me with questioning look but I just shrugged.

A smile made its way on James' lips as Alexis releases him.

"I'm serious," Alexis said.

"Okay, little girl. We'll get there at the right time." James said.

He stood up again and we finally made our way outside. I closed the door behind us.

"Mind if you tell me what Alexis tell you?" I asked as I put my glasses and fixed it back to the bridge of my nose.

And then, a smile, very cute smile made its way on his lips. "You want to know?" He dared.

"Yup. So spill."

"Alexis whispered and told me that she wanted me so much for you and that she wants me to propose to you and she want me to be your husband."

My jaw dropped at that and I know that I'm flushed red right now. Seriously?, Alexis already know this things?.

James suddenly chuckled.

"You're so cute when you're Blushing Eleanor." And with that compliment, I blushed more.

"And you really think you're going to be my husband someday?"

What. The. Heck did I asked that kind of question!!. I'm not thinking first!!. Ugh!.

With my stupid question, a smirk replaced those cute smile of his. He walked closer to me until we're just inches away with each other.

Suddenly, its like I already know what he's going to do next. And by my instinct, my eyes went close as my heart pound again and again inside my ribs.

As I expect his soft lips on mine, his voice is what I heard.

"I'm going to be that lucky man someday, Eleanor. I'm sure of that. You, walking down the Isle wearing a very elegant and beautiful white wedding gown. While I, wearing white tux matching your gown and waiting you on the altar with a smile on my face. It will happen Lea. It will."

And as he said those on my ear, my eyes are still closed and I almost imagined all he said. And then excitement crawled all over me. It's like we're getting married tomorrow.

Tsk. But of course it was just an imagination.

I opened my eyes and what I saw is deep blue eyes looking into my green ones and then he holds my chin up and plant a quick kiss on my lips.

"It will going to happen on the right time, Eleanor." He said and he smiled at me and I return it with a smile too.

"I'm going, bye." He said and still, I just smiled at him.