Chapter One

Eleanor's POV

Summer vacation rolled so fast. Today's the first day of school here at Hampton Academy.

I'm already a graduating high school student this year. Same as Alyssa and James.

Frustration starting to arise inside me. I'm just not yet ready to face school, not because i don't want to study anymore, its because NOW that the school had already start, it'll only means that i need get myself ready for bullies.

i don't really get them. Are they born in this world just to bully a person like me?!

ugh! thinking about it makes me go insane. really? how could they do that?. At school i'm the one they called geek, bookworm, book sucker, or simply NERD.

I'm the person other wants to bully.

They can embarrass me in front of the crowd, in front of my classmates, schoolmates and worst, in front of my crush.

James Anderson, a graduating high school student like me, supreme student council president, soccer team leader, smart (but not a NERD like me) , tall, with white skin complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair with some touch of chestnut brown color. and a total nerd-snobber.

sometimes it makes me think if is it possible if James could pay some attention to me.

But thanks to my very best friend Alyssa Everett,

she says it's not impossible that someday James would FINALLY realized that there's a girl with a long brown wavy hair, with green eyes, white-reddish complexion of skin, wearing thick glasses, always carrying big books, with a big backpack.

And worst, wearing big sized shirts and under the knee-length skirts really is EXISTING. and named Eleanor Collins. And that's no other than me.

James. He's not just my crush.

He's been my dream guy since we were in 8th grade, He's my night in shining armour(in my dream) that'll protect me if someone bullies me.

other than that He is my -- "Lea!"

i was pulled out in my train of thoughts when Alyssa grab my arm as we walk.

"hey"

is all i could manage to say, still not facing her.

"wait a second"

she said grabbing me in my both shoulders.

"you don't hear me?"

she added, concern evident from her face.

well, since i decided to walk alone here in the field. maybe alyssa notice me and start discussing something. but after all i really didn't notice her presence. Its just that the thoughts of james keeps bugging me.

"oh!, I'm sorry aly. you were saying?" i say.

concern evident from her face, she held my hands.

"hey! Eleanor Collins! don't tell me someone ties you again in that gym"

in what she say, it reminds me that day..

(FLASHBACK)

from here i can see the sky and clouds getting more orange color than it's usual color. based on its color i bet its already around 5pm or 6 maybe.

I'm here at the university gym. alone and already cold.

Earlier some guys from the football team make fun of me and i fight. not knowing this will be the result because i fight back. they ties me here.