Chapter 25

-Klouie
Dilated

I remember, a theorist Carl Jung once said, we meet ourselves time and time again in a thousand disguises on the path of life.

From my previous perspective, the phenomenon is about encountering the same set of patterns that other people use.

I might come across people who are currently following or have previously followed the same pattern during this time.

When I go through this, I get the thought, this is exactly like me.

Uncovering the possible patterns of this approaching worst situations gives me an anxiety to disguise my animus again. An animus that far from I expected to be.

I've seen this one before, and I didn't like the things how it turned out. The disguising of oneself often lead to identity crises.

I currently don't have the ability to see the feasible of manipulation to control the game they handed me. It's another battle of connecting dots how it will touch the last laugh.

So I will pretend to know nothing cause I really know nothing. Disguising myself to perceive the real deed-holder. On this path, on this trail, whatever it is, in order to make the amusement last.

Hmm...

I put on my sunglasses and grinned pleasantly. Holding Lucy's traction harness belt as we leave the church in a comforting manner, oblivious to the amusing looks from everyone who is watching us.

I came to a halt as Lucy approached after a long walk. Lucy meows, raising its cute head to inquire why I had come to a halt.

I didn't pay attention to her, instead focusing my attention on the harsh sun rays on my face. My brow furrowed in contrast as my gaze was drawn to a familiar Hilux parked mindlessly near the church's establishment.

"Come, Lucy." I encourage the cat to walk again towards the Hilux. The cat kept meowing, as if she didn't like being told what to do.

I wander my eyes first around us, convincing myself that I might caught something suspicious but didn't.

I unlocked the Hilux's door and let the tyrannical cat enter before slipping inside. Through the rearview mirror, I fixed my gaze on the driver, whose eyes reflected the never-ending inquiries regarding my unexpected call.

I let Lucy find a comfortable spot in the chair before handing the black card I received last week to Shentel.

Kinuha niya iyon sa kamay ko at nagtatakang sinuri ang card. Pinanood ko ang paunti-unting pagbago ng ekspresyon niya.

This was supposed to be a peaceful day for me and feel the solitude of being free from readings but the little brain of mine already set a dot to analyzing the possible results of this budding threats. My curiosity plague my mind and I let it win.

That's why I call Shentel for a help.

"Why do you have this?" She asked immediately, with a terror of horror tinting.

"Tell me your knowledge about it, Shentel." I utter seriously as I crossed my arms under my chest and laid on the backrest.

"I'm asking you a question." She gritted her teeth.

"I'm ordering you to tell everything on me." I utter as well, this time more firm and stern.

She scoffs in disbelief. I snorted in annoyance.

"Tell me, Shentel." I let the tempo of my voice conquered me.

She hissed hastily, gripping the steering wheel tightly and let her body faced me this time.