Chapter 22

- Klouie
Heaviness

She left me.

That night, she left me speechless. She walked away from me without saying a word, even as I called her name repeatedly and tried to catch up with her.

It appears that her plodding steps are telling me to give up on pursuing her. I should just let her go for a little while, judging by the way her feet are moving away from me.

And after the competition, when we returned to the hotel, she left before I even noticed.

Wala na rin si Lucy sa bahay pag-uwi ko. Ang sabi ni Manang Leona ay maaga raw na kinuha niya ang pusa dahil may pupuntahan siya'ng importante kasama ito.

Iniwan ako ng mag-ina ko.

After that kiss and the way she treated me afterward, I was at a loss for words and unable to process anything.

I wanted to discuss it with her. Express regret for what I did. She deserves my apology for kissing her without thinking it through at the time and for not feeling bad about it.

But it seems like this week has been especially harsh on me.

She gives me a cold treatment in contrast to how harsh the sun kissed my skin every day.

The kiss never failed to keep me thinking about it every second. It seems bizarre and extraterrestrial.

Every time I felt depressed over the fact that she ignored me, even when she went into the classroom to discuss the lesson, I just have to think back on that kiss to give me the willpower to carry on with my day.

Little did I know, I found myself hoping that there's really something between the two of us after that kiss. Umaasa na ako na baka meron nga.

I forced myself to swallow my loneliness and muster up the last of my courage to call her name once more.

"Miss Attorney!"

She faced me, slowly. She gives me a stern, emotionless look while concealing all the emotions that should be visible on her face.

"Why?"

I clenched my lips firmly, resisting the urge to hide my surprise at how her cold voice sent a shiver down my spine.

"Can we talk?" I carefully asked.

Tumingin-tingin siya sa paligid dahil sa mga dumadaang estudyante na maaaring nakarinig sa pag-uusap namin. Napatingin din ako sa paligid.

"Follow me." Hindi pa ako nakapagsalita nang talikuran niya agad ako.

I sighed heavily. I can't help but feel depressed despite the fact that she has always treated me in this manner.

Iba kasi ngayon eh. May mali at may pagitan.

Maayos na ang bwelo ko no'ng una. Maayos at maganda na para dahan-dahanin. Pero dahil sa halik na 'yon, dahil sa dala ng bugso ng damdamin mukhang mahihirapan akong ibalik ulit.

I had no regrets kissing her that night. I just wanted her to stop treating me this way and to know what her verdict is after we shared that unexpected kiss that I know we both desired that moment.

She returned my kiss. That was what kept me kissing her at the time.

I shook my head and crossed those ideas out. Still, I'm solely to blame.

Sumunod ako sa kanya hanggang sa nakapasok kami sa opisina nito.

She let the door hang open. I was just staring at how her emotionless gazes grew even colder than they already were.