Chapter 31

Klouie
safe place

Napatingin ako sa black bracelet hair tie sa aking palapulsuhan. The only thing that came from her that I didn't have the energy to take off.

When she blocked me on Facebook that night, I unfollow her in all my social media accounts and deactivated. I don't want any news from her to keep me from my line.

The only thing she gave me that I don't want to remove is this hair tie. Nasa akin pa rin at hindi ko na magawang ibalik iyon sa kanya.

I've been wearing it since the day she let me borrow it. And she seems to be loving how it was placed in my wrist. But that was before.

I smacked myself to stop thinking about memories of her.

I pressed my lips together and wiped the sweat that was starting to form on my face as I sighed in response to the obvious severe disdain. I was shocked as I gazed at Elias in the ground. He was lying comfortably, topless, in the ground we dig.

He has consistently been ridiculous in my life. I'm so close to murdering this man!

"Elias!" I yelled, but he didn't respond, still sleeping in the 4-foot ground hole.

Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ba ako o ano.

We're currently in the backyard of my house, digging a five-foot hole to bury my things that I used when I infiltrated the system of their organization.

We were so busy chatting away that we didn't notice the hole getting bigger and bigger. We had intended to just dig a small hole, but by the time we stopped, it had grown to a massive two metres and five feet. Our animated conversation had caused us to get lost in the moment and forget about our task at hand!

Pareho nga siguro kaming tanga ng lalaking ito. Pero hindi naman ako kasing tanga niya. Brgy. tanod lang ako sa pagiging tanga, si Elias, heneral na siya.

I playfully chucked the pebble, watching it sail through the air towards him. Saktong natamaan ito sa pisngi dahilan para gumising siya.

Agad na pumunta sa akin ang pagod niyang mga mata at bumangon sa pagkakahiga.

"Ano na? Gusto mo bang ilibing kita diyan?" Asar ko.

"Bakit ako nakatulog?" Tangang salita niya. "Basa pa namang ang lupa tapos nakatulog ako dito?"

I sighed. "You're stupid that's why."

Sumimangot siya sa akin bago nagpatulong sa akin na umakyat.

Maraming dumi ang hubad niyang katawan na kina-iling ko.

"Okay na ba ito?" Aniya, tinutukoy ang ginawa naming pagbungkal.

"Flash drive at papeles lang naman ang ililibing ko."

Hindi niya ako makapaniwalang tiningnan. He's looking at me as if I'm somewhat like a cruel alien that made him dig a deeper hole for just a flash drive.

"Tell me that you're kidding."

"Why would I? I'm Klouie." I rolled my eyes.

His lips fell half open before he laughed with slow motion and a sarcastic manner.

"Ganda ng structure ng joke mo ah. Kahit paru-paru sa tiyan ko tumawa do'n."

Hindi ko na siya pinansin at kinuha na lang sa loob ng bahay ang mga gamit na ililibing ko.

I need to dig these things up since I already know them all. To prevent a greater conflict, I needed no evidence. I know this is the dumbest way to do it, but you can blame me; I know it will work.