here with me ✎ 연준 🤍

Start from the beginning

you raised an eyebrow. "do you think this is funny?"

he shook his head. "no. what i find funny is that jake is willing to spend time with his loser ex instead of his beautiful girlfriend."

beautiful?

yeonjun thinks you're beautiful?

jake hasn't called you beautiful for months.

actually, you don't even remember if he ever has.

"you're just saying that," you muttered.

yeonjun shook his head again. "no."

you looked away.

you tried to find your boyfriend but he disappeared.

his ex no where to be seen too.

"i've known jake for years. my whole life. i love him like a brother but...he doesn't know how to be a boyfriend."

"just leave me alone please, yeonjun," you murmured.

"he doesn't do dating. he likes everything to be low-key and simple. when he told me you guys were together, i was shocked. we were all shocked."

"yeonjun."

"i was so angry," he continued. "i don't know why but i was. i knew he was going to ruin you and he did. didn't he?"

you didn't say anything.

but he was right.

you silently stood up and left the living room.

you didn't feel comfortable discussing your relationship with a guy you barely even knew.

you didn't feel comfortable sitting around on your own either.

you left the house, slamming the door behind you and made your way home.

jake was meant to be your ride home but he was no where to be seen.

you had no battery to call an uber either.

you started to walk home. not caring about the dangers or the fact that you were freezing to death in your dress.

"y/n! wait for me!"

you ignored yeonjun screaming your name and started to walk faster.

what did he even want?

yeonjun grabbed your arm and you almost jumped out of your skin.

"i said wait," out of breath, he said.  "it's three in the morning and you're wobbling in those heels."

"go away, yeonjun," you said, voice rid of any emotion. "i need to be alone."

yeonjun ignored you.

he linked his arm with yours.

"you're like a puppy," you said, tiredly. "why won't you leave me alone. you don't even know me."

"i do. i know you like to rewatch the same movies and shows every couple of months because you have terrible memory. i know you like to read cheesy romance books because you wished you received the same love as fictional characters. i know you like to dance around your room to your favourite songs like no one is watching—"

"that's kinda weird, yeonjun."

for the first time this entire day, you smiled.

yeonjun smiled back. "i also know you like to eat the same foods over and over again because you're scared of change and i know you love to draw, even though you think you're terrible. i know so much about you because i care about you."

you shook your head. "no you don't."

"i do," he protested. "probably more than jake does. he doesn't even love you. not like i do anyway. he only loves the idea of you."

you stopped walking.

yeonjun stopped a few centimetres ahead of you.

"you love me?" you murmured.

"always have and always will. jake only wanted you because i did. it's so painfully seeing the girl i love being with a guy who doesn't even deserve her love. he wanted to mess with my head. with both our heads."

yeonjun wiped his eyes with his shirt sleeve.

he was crying?

you pulled a tissue out of your pocket and started wiping his eyes.

"i'm so childish. crying over nothing," he mumbled.

"you're not childish."

the two of you didn't speak for a while.

under yeonjun's gaze, you didn't feel the freezing air.

while you were begging to be loved by jake, yeonjun loved you the entire time and you didn't even notice.

"leave him," he said, breaking the silence. "be with me."

"it'll take time, yeonjun. i can't forget him overnight—"

"so let me court you!" yeonjun interjected. "i don't care how long it takes. just as long as i'm with you. i'll treat you better than he ever did. i promise."

promise.

promises scared you.

jake always made promises and he broke them every single time.

never stuck to his word.

just like he promised his ex meant nothing to him.

he broke that promise but you knew yeonjun wouldn't do the same.

your gut was telling you to trust him.

to trust yeonjun.

"promise?"

"promise."