| 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ➭ Rᴀɪɴ ɢʜᴏᴜʟ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ |

Fluff/angst
_______
_______________________

It's 3am and I can't sleep. Neither can my best friend, Rain. We're sitting up on my bed and decided to play truth or dare. Asking the most pointless questions and funniest dares.

"Truth or Dare." He asks me again. I think for a moment before saying: "dare."
He looks away as if he's thinking hard. A devious smirk forms on his face when he looks back to me.

"I dare you to sneak into Sodo's room and draw a mustache on him."

"No!" I laugh quietly. "Cmon it's a dare, you have to do it!"

"Do you want me to die?!" I whisper-yell as to not wake anyone close to me, these walls are thin.
"Fine, your turn then." I readjust myself to a more comfortable position, resting my back against the hard wood of my headboard.

"Okay, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Hm...do you like anyone?" I raise my eyebrows in question, crossing my arms comfortably.
He chuckles deeply while leaning back, looking for something to say.

"No." He concludes, i scoff while turning away.

"What?

"You're lying."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"Okay, fine! I like someone..."

My smile weakens, my happy laughter fades out into a desolate silence. I'm taken aback by how deep my heart drops. I feel an aching sensation in my chest. My emotions are overflowing and my eyes are like a dam ready to break through. What no one knew was that I liked Rain. For years actually. I still knew there's was a chance that he liked someone, but there was a chance that it wasn't me.

Just say something Y/n. Say anything.

"Oh...okay. Who?" I force a weak smile to cover my broken heart.

"That's two questions."

"Come on. I'll even tell you who I like." In reality I don't like anyone other than him and if I haven't told him for over two years then I won't tell him now. His head perked up at that statement.

"Ok, uh...she has pretty eyes and brown hair, she's really pretty and kind. Your turn." I feel his words hit me like a brick. I can feel tears build up inside me. Stronger this time. I don't want to play anymore. It seems like every time I ask a question they hit me 10 times harder.

"He's got brown hair also and is funny, very handsome, and friendly." What he didn't know is that I was describing him. I turn my back to him and go step over to my window and pretend to check my plants, just so he doesn't see the tears trickling down my face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He gets up and walks over to me. I turn away while wipe my tears slyly.
"What do you mean? I'm okay." He grabs onto my hand and swiftly turns me around to face him again. He looks a bit taken aback by my broken state. Red face, puffy eyes, glossy eyes. All because of him and his words.

"Wait, did I make you cry? What did I say?" I couldn't hold it in anymore. I've held this in for too long, if I don't tell him now then when will I ever?
I just let it blurt all out, not giving it a second thought.

"Yes! You did and I'm tired of trying to hide it. It fucking hurts knowing you like someone that isn't me. The thought makes my heart shatter into a million pieces. I lov—I like you. I really do, okay? I have for over two years now and today just broke me. I'm not mad or sad that you like someone, it's because you've never noticed how much I love you."

My strained voice emanates throughout the room, my words die down, slowly coming to a painful silence. I finally did it. I finally told him. I don't know how he is going to react but I'm dreading the moment he does.

He doesn't respond so I go over to my bed and sit down. Laying my back against the headboard once more. I'll regret this later won't i? I ponder until I feel the bed space beside me weigh down. I hear Rains voice.

"I was describing you Y/n."

"Huh?"

"You said, tell you about her. It's you. It's always been you." I snap my head towards him, both of our eyes meet. He looks down to my lips and back up to me. "That was cheesy." I turn fully to him and lean in, he does aswell. Our lips finally meet together, it's a short but sweet kiss. Nothing but passion and love seeping through. I've been longing for that kiss for forever.

We pull away, both of our faces tinted with red. We both laugh together. I wipe my tears to remove the blur and catch his figure fully in my view.

"What are we now?"

"You're my boyfriend now dummy." I cross my legs back onto my bed and grab onto his hands carefully, giving him another kiss.
_______
_______________________
A/N:— Actually really like this one! And Im running out of ideas! 😭 if anyone wants a request the comments are always there :)