Chapter 29 - A New Promise

Start from the beginning

I winced at the tone of his voice. 'Lector doesn't care how strong you are... You're fine the way you are Sting! It doesn't matter if you're strong or not. Doing your best to fight is good enough. There's no need for proof...even i know that Lector doesn't care anymore because he already noticed this.' I thought with a pang of sadness.

"I'm serious! I got stronger! Losing Lector has awakened new strength! For Lector's sake... For my best friend's sake... I'm gonna beat all of you!" I heard Sting arguing at Gray's and Laxus' comments. 'Liar. Not the way you are now... Just stop Sting... It's okay now.' I thought with slight tears forming on my eyes. Thinking about his words that rang through my head just made me slightly frustrated and upset.

"Fine. If you're that prepared...then we'll fight you, Sting!" Erza informed.

"That's what I want to hear." he said. I could feel that he was emitting out his power to form around him. "I'll show you my newly-awakened power!" he added followed by a low laugh.

But then I could feel that he drained his powers in an immediate rush. Why did he stop...? Was he hesitating? I gave an inaudible sigh making sure that they wouldn't hear me and wiped off my tears with the back of my wrist while Lector was still asleep in my other arm.

All of a sudden I heard a noise like someone had fallen? I slightly turned to peek where I was hiding behind the pillar and looked to see that it was Sting who fell on his knees with his head hung low while Erza and the rest were still standing. My eyes went wide, he was giving up...?

"I give up." I heard him say.

Just as I thought. He did give up.

He couldn't do it because wasn't himself. He was overwhelmed by the power of our guild who are facing him. I gave a small smile in victory that we, Fairy tail had won the games after those humiliating seven year gap! But on the other hand, I smiled because Sting finally noticed. Soon I had tears coming out from my eyes once more.

"That's it! The winner of the Grand Magic Games... is Fairy Tail!" Chapati announced, whose voice echoed through the whole town of Crocus.

"Sting, why didn't you come after us?" Erza asked.

"I had a feeling I couldn't meet him. Before I thought I'd be able to meet him if I won...but for some reason, I felt like I couldn't meet him. I don't understand it myself. You people are so radiant that I didn't think I could meet him the way I am now." he muttered in defeat and confusion.

"Sure you can." she answered.

I guess it's time for me to come out of my hiding spot. With Lector in my arms, I walked out from behind the pillar and went to stand near Team Fairy Tail but held a finger on my lips to make sure they don;t say a peep which they agreed on. And soon I stood beside Erza. She looked like she was about to say something but noticed that I still had a finger pressed it on my lips before she could talk and smiled in return.

"Just like what Erza-san said. You can meet him again... Sting." I said softly while looking down at him. He raised his head slightly to see me and suddenly his eyes widened in shock and tears were streaming out of his face.

Before I could even walk over and give his exceed, I felt Lector stirring up from his sleep and before I knew it, Sting ran towards me while Lector jumped out of my arms and ran to his best friend. In return, I smiled at Sting and Lector who were reuniting together, with happy tears on my face.

"Lector!" Sting yelled in immense tears, but tripped as he ran but got up quickly and went on his knees.

"Sting-kun! Sting-kun!" Lector cried running to him.