A Night Out

Robin had planned for a quiet Saturday evening in with his girlfriend. He purchased her favorite wine and ordered her favorite takeout just an hour ago. Yet, for reasons unbeknownst to him, he was sitting alone on their bed as he watched her flat iron her hair.

"This isn't fair," Robin said with a pout as he crossed his arms. "We were supposed to be cute and cuddly tonight. I wanted to watch Hocus Pocus 2 and I ordered the dumplings you liked."

Regina sighed as she set the flat iron down on her vanity. She was dressed in a crop top and a mini skirt that hugged every curve that Robin loved about her. Her girlfriends had invited her out at the last minute and Regina jumped at the chance to go out to have fun. Robin, however, wasn't very happy about the decision at all.

"Robin, I'm sorry," she said as she walked over to him. "It's been a long time since the girls and I went out. We can always still have our quiet night when I come back."

"You're probably going to be back really late. I don't want you to go out without me," Robin said as he crossed his arms.

"I'll be safe and sound I promise," she said before sitting next to him and giving him a kiss. "You don't need to be worried."

"I'm not worried. I'm just worried you'll be cold or something. Maybe put on a sweater and jeans instead."

"Ah, I see. You're acting jealous."

"I am not jealous..."

"You are and it's okay. I will text you every half hour and make sure you know where I am at all times. You can trust me," she told him with a small smile.

"I just don't trust other people around you Regina."

"It will be fine." Her phone beeps next to them and she looked down to read the text. "Ruby is here to pick me up. I'll be home before two. I love you."

They shared a quick kiss before Regina grabbed her purse and ran out of their room. Robin groaned as he turned to the television in front of him. The trailer for the movie they were supposed to watch was playing and it made Robin scowl as he watched it. She should be here with him. She should be cuddled up next to him and stealing bites of his fried rice when he wasn't looking. Tonight was all wrong.

He decided to watch a documentary while he sat in his sorrow instead. His phone buzzed a few times before he picked it up to look at it. Regina had sent him a selfie of her and her friends. Mary Margaret, Emma, Ruby and Mal were with her and they were waiting in line at the club they were going to. She texted him again to let her know that she was at the Rabbit Hole.

Maybe Robin could take a visit to the Rabbit Hole too. He could just let her have her fun with her friends but keep an eye on her. If she got too drunk, which he was sure she probably would, then he could take her home. She could be safe and sound and out of harm's way. Men wouldn't bother to approach her if he was there. Perfect.

Robin was quickly dressed in a black t-shirt, pair of dark jeans, and a gray hoodie before he ran out the house. He texted Regina quickly to tell her that she looked beautiful. The car started in no time before he was driving and making his way to the Rabbit Hole.

*****

Regina was about five tequila shots in and her body was feeling warm and she was happy she didn't have that many clothes on. She and Ruby were on the dance floor and dancing to the loud music. Emma and Mary Margaret approached them with more drinks in their hands.

"Gina, I got you a cider!" Emma yelled over the loud music and Regina nodded as she took the bottle from her hand.

She downed about half the beer before she looked down at her phone. It was a little after midnight and the club was packed with more bodies than she's ever seen in the Rabbit Hole. Ruby said that there were a few parties happening tonight and the club would be packed. She shot off a quick text to Robin to let him know that she was still okay. He sent her back a few kissing emojis and she went right back to drinking her beer.