Chapter 190: Vincent

(♡)

-

Lalisa felt scared upon hearing Jungkook's confession.

Jungkook looked at her carefully, searching into account any detail, just in case the news made Lalisa faint.

"Since a long time ago my mother's had great interest in creating a huge nation capable of fighting against the Toulouse Empire. To achieve that, she wanted to unite Chrichton and Arundell under the same banner. That's why she committed that terrible crime..."

"But... those were also the Queen Mother's relatives. How could she...?"

"I've told you before, have I not? My mother is someone capable of extreme cruelty... even to the people close to her".

Lalisa remembered the words he'd said to her in the carriage, after returning from the Queen Mother's Palace. She felt breathless. She realized Jungkook hadn't just said those words to keep her away from the Queen Mother.

"Then... that time... since she was already like that..."

"This time, she can't do anything. She's lost her will and the power to commit that crime. I've also made sure she'll never be able to do that again".

"...I see".

Lalisa held onto her skirt, clearly agitated. She couldn't decide if this was good or not. In any case, people wouldn't die like in the past, and Vincent would not be forced to become king, so...

All was good.

"However, Chrichton's Crown Prince will abdicate his position, regardless if the poisoning happens or not".

Upon his sudden words, she looked at him. "What do you m-..."

"Nobody's told you anything, but right now the current Crown Prince is in a complicated position. His bad governance seems more tyrannical, and instead of apologizing, he's blaming some other nobles. Besides, a noble's daughter has recently passed away due to his acts. Many nobles are furious because of this, and they are wondering what would be an appropriate punishment for his crimes".

"So he's done something terrible again!"

Though he didn't give out any details, Lalisa immediately knew what he wanted to say. Jungkook stared at Lalisa in silence. She glared at him, enraged.

"That man's always been like that. Since he can have whatever he wants, there's nothing that can frighten him. I've been able to live safely all this time thanks to Princess Jennie, but when they were about to take me to you in her stead, he tried to rape me. His goal was to dishonor me to insult you. He stopped when I said I would personally carry out the negotiation".

Jungkook's face paled, turning rigid. Lalisa made fun of his expression.

"You shouldn't complain about what he did. There's no difference between you and the Crown Prince, as you both are intoxicated with power. After all, you seize anything you want through force. In any case, I do not wish to speak of this matter any further, so let's stop. Since now I know nothing will happen to Vincent in the future, that matter isn't important anymore".

She was about to finish their conversation when he spoke.

"It will matter".

"What do you mean?"

"The one who controls the people conspiring to take down the Crown Prince is your cousin. I'm sure that the Crown Prince has already realized that as well. That there's someone else behind Prince Ivan".

Lalisa lips trembled. She knew Vincent was actively involved in politics and acted as the de facto Crown Prince. After all, knowing his personality, he couldn't tolerate the Crown Prince's behavior. Nevertheless, she didn't think he'd be involved in this.