Chapter 186: Good And Bad Seed

(♡)

-

"I'll make sure to look after Her Majesty the Queen... so please rest assured and don't worry, Your Majesty". Mrs Cessly said in a respectful tone.

"It seems like I'm in debt with you and Raymond". Jungkook said with a bitter smile.

"All I've done was to follow after the Grand Chamberlain, Your Majesty. It was thanks to his efforts that Her Majesty the Queen changed her mind. In the end, truth makes everyone change their mind. Please, don't be impatient and give Her Majesty some time".

Hearing Mrs. Cessly genuine worry and subtle warning, Jungkook smiled softly. He was relieved to know that she'd be in Lalisa's side. He knew Mrs. Cessly would take care of Lalisa's deep wounds.

***

Mrs. Cessly knew about the current tense situation. In the following days, she didn't mention Jungkook's name, ignoring the King and paying all her mind to Lalisa's wellbeing.

Lalisa wondered if her own mother would have taken care of her like Mrs. Cessly did during this difficult times.

"Thank God" Mrs. Cessly sighed, relieved. "Your morning sickness is not as terrible compared to the one I had. Mine was so bad I vomited blood!"

"Actually... me too..."

Lalisa was about to talk about her morning sickness, and how terrible it was, but she stopped herself before uttering a word. In her previous life, her morning sickness was unbearable to the point of not being able to eat properly, but on this life, her condition was much better.

The more she thought of this, the more her mind wandered around the notion that this baby was different. She was pregnant, she conceived, but this was not the same baby.

"I'm glad it hasn't been as hard for me". Lalisa smiled bitterly. "When I was on my mother's belly, I heard her morning nausea was terrible, simply unbearable. Luckily, this isn't my case".

"Although there are instances in which mother and daughter have similar morning sickness, that isn't always the case. It can also vary between the first and second baby. A woman's body is truly astounding and full of wonders, don't you think, Your Majesty?"

"...you're right".

Lalisa lowered her gaze and peacefully looked at the flower-painted teacup.

This was for the better.

If it had been the same baby she'd lost in the past, it would be harder for her to leave when the time arrived. She'd have given that baby all the love she could muster.

It wasn't fair, but she'd leave this little one behind. When the time came... it would be really hard...

"My Queen, I heard the law act has been approved. I'm sure you feel relieved".

Lalisa smiled a lightly. "I'm surprised, too. I didn't think that project would be approved so quickly".

"It was the perfect moment. Many nobles were in trouble after losing their dignity and states due to gambling. There was also the pressure from people who benefited from gambling. But, the law project would not have been approved so quickly had it not been thanks to Your Majesty's efforts.".

"I think using my father's case as an example was quite effective. No noble wants to end up like him. Even with the establishment of a new law act, it's better to give out realistic examples as a warning, though I never imagined using his death for something like this".

"I found out he took the decision of ending his life due to the debts he'd accumulated. If you didn't feel anything for him, you wouldn't have proposed this act".