Chapter 178: Raymond's Big Revelation

(♡)

-

Many days after Lalisa knew there was life within her womb, Raymond went to visit Jungkook. Raymond's daily scheduled revolved around Jungkook and his needs, but today he came only to drink tea.

"Does Jungkook not give you time to eat?" Lalisa asked curiously after watching Raymond eat snack after snack.

"It's not that. I usually don't have time to eat anything. That guy simply doesn't like seeing people seated, not even for a moment. I could barely escape from him today" Raymond replied, a crumb stuck on his lips.

Lalisa smiled calmly and pushed the plate of cookies towards Raymond.

"I'm sure you are not only here to eat all my cookies and drink all the tea I have in my room. So, tell me, Raymond, why are you here?" Lalisa asked him after he'd filled his belly a little.

Raymond cleared his throat and averted his gaze from her. However, a gleam of determination appeared on his face.

"Yes, that's right. I actually have something to tell you, my queen"

Lalisa's eyes slightly widened. "What is it?" she asked.

"Please, don't tell Jungkook I talked to you about this. My life could be in danger if he ever heard a word of this."

Lalisa chuckled. "I swear I won't say a word. Tell me."

"Six years ago, Jungkook disappeared for a while. Do you know anything about that?"

After suddenly hearing this, Lalisa nodded. "Yes. I heard about it from the Queen Dowager. She also told me nobody but you knew where he went."

Raymond smiled grimly. "Actually, my queen, at that moment... Jungkook left the palace looking for you."

Lalisa shuddered after hearing that. "What do you mean, he went looking for me?"

"Yes. That was six years ago. One day he suddenly got up, grabbed me and jumped on a horse like a mad man. I had no idea where we were going, but as his protector, I had to follow him to guarantee his safety. We arrived at Port Salerno where a ship was leaving towards Chrichton."

Port Salerno was the port where Lalisa set sail towards Chrichton.

"However, his majesty couldn't reach you in time. When we arrived at port, the ship had already left towards the horizon. We were too late. We caused a ruckus begging people to make the ship come back, but it was to no avail. We almost ended up getting in a huge fight with the sailors."

Lalisa vaguely remembered the commotion that happened at port that day. So... that was Jungkook and Raymond? Lalisa lifted her head and looked at Raymond with a stern face.

"Why did you try to reunite with me, then?"

"Uh... I'm not sure. His Majesty didn't tell me why." Raymond exhaled a long, deep breath. "But, my queen, there's one thing I'm sure of. His Majesty has been waiting for your return to Arundell all this time. He'd gathered enormous power and went through lots of hardships yearning for your return, thinking only about how he could protect you properly once his position as king stabilized."

"But Raymond... I'm sure you already know this. Jungkook's goal was Princess Jennie from Chrichton, but he had no choice but to accept me"

Raymond shook his head. "Of course not, my queen. From the beginning he wanted you, always you"

"What do you mean?"

🍀