Chapter 182: Raymond's Plea

(♡)

-

Looking at Raymond's perplexed expression, Mrs. Cessly patter her chest, frustrated.

"Her Majesty the queen wants to move her residency to the Queen Mother's Palace! This time she said she'll never come back!"

"What does that mean... why does Her Majesty suddenly want to..."

"There's no time to lose. His Majesty the king can't do anything about it. It's all useless. The problem is, she cannot be in the Queen Mother's Palace. I'm sure you are aware of this, Grand Chamberlain".

"Of course! That's because the Queen Mother would shoot you an arrow the second she hears you say a word of even if she s-..."

Basil then realized... this all happened Raymond of what he'd said to Lalisa. It seemed like it wasn't embarrassment, but a more profound reason why Jungkook had hidden that incident from her.

"I... it looks like I've made a terrible mistake".

Raymond immediately took off, sprinting.

***

When he arrived at the main palace, Raymond saw Lalisa leaving the building towards a carriage, ready to depart.

"My queen!"

Raymond barely made it in time. He was panting unevenly.

Lalisa didn't even greet him properly. Her blue eyes were staring at him coldly.

"Your Majesty... you can't leave like this". Raymond pleaded.

"Raymond, stand aside".

"Please, at least consider changing your mind, I beg you".

"If you don't stand aside right this instance, I'll have your head cut off".

Mrs. Cessly, who'd had just arrived, was startled at Lalisa's words, even though she knew she didn't really mean them.

Raymond looked at Lalisa, perplexed.

Raymond had a farmer's background, so many people in the Palace kept their distance from him. The queen, however, had always shown him respect, heading to his words. This was the first time she behaved like that with him.

"You think I won't dare? Who do you think you are?"

Raymond made a firm decision in that instant, and immediately bowed to the ground. "Then, alright, Your Majesty. Cut off my head".

"Raymond!"

"I've said this before, haven't I, my queen? You may take my life".

Upon hearing his melancholic words, Lalisa grew furious.

"Yes, that's right. You said that if you lied to me, I had the right to end your life. Then, I'll exercise that right".

Swing! Lalisa grabbed the sword from the guard closest to her.

"Your Majesty!"

The servants screamed, surprised, and run to Lalisa in an attempt to stop her, but Mrs. Cessly quickly blocked their way before they could do anything.

"Stay behind. Do not anger Her Majesty any further. Stay back".

Hearing Mrs. Cessly's soft voice, the servants backed away from Lalisa.

Mrs. Cessly anxiously analyzed the situation. She knew Lalisa would never kill Raymond, but she was getting nervous nonetheless. Mrs. Cessly prayed over and over again so that the worst may not happen.