Chapter 73: Wedding Ceremony

Short Chapter

(♡)

-
The entrance to the palace came about quietly and without notice. They had come back from victory over their arch-nemesis and rival, Chrichton, and thought they'd walk through a stage of victory parade, but this was not the case. They returned straight to the palace without a particular schedule in mind that even the people of Edirne did not realize their King had returned.

However, the welcoming ceremony inside the royal palace was splendid. When Lalisa arrived in the palace with Jungkook, everyone rushed out in an ordered manner and welcomed their arrival.

"Welcome, Your Majesty and Her Majesty the Queen."

Before the wedding procession began, the palace servants had already called her Queen.

"She is the Matron of Honor that will take care of you." Jungkook introduced the servant to Lalisa.

The lady was of old age as she held her skirt and bowed her head deeply. "The late Duke Cessley is my husband. You can call me Mrs. Cesley, My Queen."

And it was then that Lalisa recognized her. Duke Cessley was a just nobleman who held large territories in the province. Duke Cessley's family lineage could be traced since the founding of Arundell. As a result, the Duchess wielded great influence in social circles, but after her husband's death, she returned to her estate and remained there quietly.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Cesley," Lalisa smiled.

Though inwardly, she had no intention of maintaining a deep relationship with the ladies-in-waiting for she knew she would leave the palace within a year's time.

Besides, she had no good memories from her previous maid of honor.

When she first came to the palace at a young age, the Queen had placed a Countess who was her close aide as Lalisa's Maid of Honor. She and the Countess never got along. With the Queen's background, the Maid of Honor was arrogant and even acted superior to the Young Queen.

Lalisa had lived her life in the palace walking on thin ice, waiting for knowing eyes to find a cause for mistake to use against her.

Still, it was all right.

She managed to live through the hardships.

Especially that one time... that even after a year had passed and she was not able to conceive a child, she was forced to take medicine.

🍀