Chapter 187: Illegitimate Sister

(♡)

-

Upon looking at him, Roseanne thought he was a foreigner.

The man stepped aside, bowed his head and let her pass through.

"Go in, lady"

Roseanne let out a loud "Hmmmph!" and started walKing. There was no need to worry about a man as trivial and average as him.

When she stepped foot within the office, the man closed the door behind her. Then, the butler who'd been waiting for him approached him and guided him out the door.

"This way please, sir".

Following the butler, the men heard the maids' complains about the woman with red hair.

"Did you see that? Did you see her conceited glare? She believes herself the owner of this place!"

"My heart is boiling with fury. Our poor mistress... how awful!"

"...so that woman... is she the Count's lover?" the man asked the butler. He had an elegant accent, quite characteristic of northern people.

"Yes, that's right" the butler answered, turning his head.

"She looks strangely familiar to me..." said the man.

"That's because Viscount Olbach's wife is the sister's Queen. She is the ilegitimate daughter of the deceased Count Alessin".

The man quickly processed this information in his head before promptly replying "...she is the Queen's step-sister?"

The butler nodded. "Yes, sir. She is the illegitimate daughter Count Alessin had with a lover, a commoner woman. Before the Queen moved to Chrichton, there's been rumors saying that she kicked her own father and sister out of the mansion. Nobody knew the Viscount's wife was the Queen's sister till now".

The man smiled maliciously. "I see..."

The man turned his head and looked at the Count's office, where the woman had entered just a while ago. His silver eyes, hidden by the shadows of his hood, shone with fierce determination.

"Young Duke?"

Upon hearing the butler softly calling him, the man quickly hid his evil glare and smiled elegantly.

"It's nothing. Let's go".

***

Upon entering the office, Roseanne saw two glasses of alcohol on the table. She felt a growing sense of curiosity. The man just now looked humble, like a farmer, but the Count had a drink with him anyways, with this beggar, as though it was normal.

"Who's the man that just left?"

"Why do you need to know that?"

Roseanne grew angry at Count Clovis' insensitive response, but before she could say anything, he added "by the way, you finally have your chance, Roseanne".

"What do you mean?"

"There's discord between the King and Queen at the moment".

Roseanne's face immediately lit up. "Is that true?".

Count Clovis smiled. "That's right. The Queen tried to abandon the Palace in a state of fury. The King didn't stop her. Their relationship is tense, without a doubt something must have gone wrong. Let's use this crack in your advantage, so sit down and patiently wait".

"Oh, Count Clovis, I'm so happy!"

Roseanne cheerfully wrapped her arms around his neck, pleasantly rubbing his erect virility which was hidden under his pants. His manhood pressed against her sensual area, maKing her let out an eloquent moan.