I nodded my head and stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say.
He put his hand on my stomach and smiled.
"Speaking of becoming parents... how've you been today? You think she's going to come soon?" He asked me.
"I hope not... I would like it if she could cook a little more..." I chuckled.

He laughed and smiled.
"You know, we should really figure out her name." He told me.
I sat up.
"Ok, what were you thinking?" I asked him.
"Ok so, I heard this name like forever ago, and I knew that I immediately wanted to name my future daughter this... how do you feel about Gracie?" He asked me.

When I heard him say that name, my jaw dropped.
"Do you like it?" He asked me.
I nodded my head and I just started tearing up, I don't know why. It was super similar to the name I wanted.
"Are you joking?" I asked him.
"No... why?" He asked, confused.

"Because the name I wanted... Gracelyn... it was the name that I told you about.. the one that I told you that Cam and I argued about who would use it for their daughter." I smiled.
He smiled.
"So... did we just figure out a name?" He laughed.

I smiled and nodded my head.
"We picked a name..." I smiled, wiping my tears.
"Gracelyn Quinn..." he smiled.
"And we can call her Gracie. I was planning on using that as a nickname anyway..." I smiled.
"What about a middle name?" He asked me.
"I'm not too sure right now... maybe we could figure that out soon." I laughed.

~few hours later~
~Daniel's POV~
It was now 11pm, almost midnight. I was in the living room doing some stuff on my computer and Skylar was in our room, probably sleeping. I was just about to close my computer when I heard a knock at the front door.

I went over to the door and opened it and saw Maxx with another guy.
"Hey, are you Maxx's dad?" The guy asked me. He had Maxx's arm around his shoulders.
"Um... why? Is he ok?" I asked, looking at Maxx.
"He kinda had a lot to drink... and I didn't feel comfortable letting him go home by himself." He said, handing Maxx over.

"Alright yea. Uh.. thanks... who are you again?" I asked him.
"Uh Chris." He said, shaking my hand. I nodded my head. Maxx talks about his friends a lot, but I've never seen any of them.

Chris left and I brought Maxx over to his room. You could smell the alcohol radiating off of him.
"Alright bud, let's get you to bed..." I said.
"No way, did you get a hair cut?" He laughed, looking at me. He was being loud and I was trying to make hit shut up because I didn't want him to wake up Skylar.

"Alright, just be quiet..." I told him.
He went on his bed and I went back out to the kitchen to get him some Gatorade and Advil.
I went back into the room to Maxx laying his bed, with the pillows over his head.

"Hey, here. Drink this and take these." I told him.
"No I'm good... I think I'm gonna just sleep here for the next 10 years..." he groaned.
"Come on, this'll make your hangover 1000x better." I told him.

He sat up and he drank it.
"Can you... do me a favor?" He asked me.
"Yea what's up?" I asked him.
"Can you please not tell Skylar about this? I don't need her yelling at me..." he asked me.
"Sure... I will, if you tell me what this whole thing was that you were just at? You promised her that you wouldn't drink anymore if you were out of the house." I told him.

He looked down and I sat at his desk chair.
"I won't tell your sister, but you gotta help me to help you..." I explained to him.
He rubbed his face and started sleeping again. I realized he was probably too wasted to even keep trying to talk to him.

He just passed out. I checked his pulse to make sure he was ok, then I covered with him a blanket and put the bottle of Advil and another bottle of Gatorade on the nightstand.
"Sleep tight bud." I whispered.
I left the room and closed the door behind me.

I went to mine and Skylar's room.
She was awake in bed.
"Hey, it's late. Why are you up?" I asked her as I started taking my clothes off to get ready for bed.
"Our daughter... she was kicking me in the ribs... why are you up?" She asked me, laying back down.

"I was just.. finishing some work up." I told her.
"Hey did Maxx ever come home? I told him to be back before midnight..." she yawned.
"Yea, uh... he came home just a little while ago." I told her.

She sleepily looked at me and held her arms out.
I smiled and went to bed. She moved herself up and rested herself on me and laid down right next to me, leaning on me. I kissed the top of her head and wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you..." I heard her whisper before I felt her body completely go limp as she fell asleep.
I smiled and stroked her hair.
"I love you more..." I whispered.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻