Steve x reader

Warnings- self harming, depression, anxiety, ptsd, eating disorder, Getting undressed, check up, talking of bones and skeletons. 

****

Steve as a crush

pronouns- she/her 

*****

You and Steve had always been friends, since you joined the avengers he always had looked after you. From missions to just hanging around he was there for you through thick and thin. You knew you liked him but pushed that to the back of your mind as you didn't think it was true as your mind had taken you on a wild goose chase as it was from being diagnosed with PTSD to self harming and feel so worthless that you wanted to kill yourself. Even tried once or twice.  He was the reason you were still here and you couldnt be more thankful. 

Every time you saw him, a flutter arose in your stomach, did you have feelings? You pushed them back down and carried on, thinking every minute if he liked you. You thought it was impossible. But was it? 

Fast forward a few days and things had gotten worse, your mental health was declining and you didn't think anyone had noticed but someone had, you weren't eating, staying in your room all day crying or staring at a wall wishing you were dead. The team had gotten increasingly worried about you but didn't know what to do, they were sat in a meeting when they heard footsteps and a pale figure sit down at the table. 

Fury-"y/n?" 

Nat-*mumbles* "oh god."

"before you ask I'm fine." Steve looks you in the eyes worried about you.

Steve-"Please let us help you... please y/n. Weve gotten through this once before and we can do it again." 

You sigh trying not let your emotions get the better of you. Tony passes you a glass of water which you chug in seconds, quenching your thirst. 

Tony-"y/n, meet me and Bruce in the lab please, we'll be there in a minute." You nod slowly. 

You all meet in the lab, Bruce and Tony look at you with sadness in their eyes.

Bruce-"Can we check up on you?" You shrug and the nod. Slowly, you remove pieces of clothing that were draping over your skeleton. Eventually, you were left in your bra and underwear, Bruce checked up on you and they both were shocked at how they could see the bone poking through your skin and fresh red marks that were apparent on your body.

Tony-"oh y/n, please let us help. At least clean those cuts and try to get you to eat?" You look down and sigh a sigh of defeat. 

"f-fine." The croak in your voice and the tears in your eyes. 

Tony was almost finished when you heard a familiar voice. 

"Steve?" You look up and see his tall muscular figure in the doorway. 

"Steve!" You smile and hug him tightly, hissing at the cuts touching his clothes. 

Steve-"you alright princess?" You nod and look at him in the eyes. 

Slowly and gently he grabs you face and kisses you gently but passionately. 

Steve-"You dont know how long ive been waiting for that."

"I'm sure I could guess because ive been waiting for it to." You cheeks flush red as the flutter arose once again. 

Steve-"lets beat this together... aye?" You nod and hold his hand feeling the confidence and energy you hadn't felt in months.