Nat x reader

Warnings- suicidal thoughts, self harm, depression, talk of blood, talk of suicide, platonic love 

****

Nat is best friend (requested) 

pronouns - they/them

*****

Nat could tell that you were struggling, she was always asking you if you were ok which was always replied with same answer 'ye I'm fine.' she could see straight through the lie. Each day was the same routine. Get up, shower, cut, do stuff with the team weather it was a mission or just hanging out with them, go into your room put on music and draw and then go sleep. 

It was one of the 'dark days' as you liked to call them. Where you didn't want to talk to people and instead wanted to stay in bed, cry and listen to music. It was about 6pm and you heard the team downstairs having dinner. 

You could hear someone knock on your door. 

Nat-"y/n its nat... can you let me in please?" She try's to open the door but its locked. 

Nat-"y/n.. I can hear you crying and if you dont open this door I will kick it down and I'm pretty sure we both know how pissed Tony will be." You sigh and unlock the door then make your way back under the covers. 

Nat-"I got you some dinner as you didn't come downstairs." She walks over and sits on the edge of your bed where she can see blood stains. 

"I'm not hungry.." You mumble, your voice being hoarse from crying. Nat sighs and puts down the plate on your bed side table. 

Nat-"where's the blade? and where's the cuts? are they cleaned?" You come out from under the covers and shake your head, making her walk over and sit next to you.

Nat-"Can I see them so I can clean them?" You nod and pull out your arm and leg. She looks at them but doesnt say anything and instead picks you up and takes you to your bathroom. 

"I'm sorry, I-I just cant do it anymore. Nat... please the attack on New York.... Hydra... red room. The flashbacks, i just cant handle it, just let me go... I just wanna go to sleep for a long time." Nat doesnt say anything but stops cleaning your wounds. 

Nat-"I know its hard, ok? but I'm sorry y/n I'm not letting you go because I cant your my best friend and... and I love you like a sister, so were gonna work through this together ok? Me and you starting by throwing away all your blades and dont say its just one because we both know there's more." You smile at her and rest your head on her. 

"thank you Nat. I love you to."