Clint x reader

Warnings- Anxiety, panic attacks, stress, depression, low self esteem

****

Clint is your best friend

*****

Since you and Clint were little you had suffered a lot with stress, anxiety and low self esteem. You had been diagnosed when you were little as depression and mental illness ran in your family so it was likely you were going to have at least one. You both had always been close a bit like brother and sister in a way, so you helped each other and when it got bad he was always there for you. 

You both had pretty much the same backstory and were both avengers, accept they didn't know what mental illnesses you had and were cautious around you.

The day was miserable and you all were indoors, doing whatever. You and Clint were cuddling on the sofa watching the rain out of the window. 

You were playing with your fingers and scratching your arm, and Clint notices

You were playing with your fingers and scratching your arm, and Clint notices. He feels your heart rate increasing and you getting tense. 

Clint-"you alright?" You look at him but dont say anything, making him realise.

Clint-"Look at me, breathe in... and out... in and out. Thats it." He gently grabs your hands and holds them, you focus on him and slowly get your breathing under control.

Clint-"you ok?" You nod. "thanks, I dont know what trigged that." Clint-"Hey, its ok. Nothing needs to trigger a panic attack ok? weve known each other for to long to know you dont need to thank me." You smile at him then lay back down to hear a voice.

???-"Why have you never told us that you suffered panic attacks?" You both shoot your heads around to see who it is. Thats when you see Steve in the doorway.

"How long have you been there?" He shrugs and walks forward.

Steve-"long enough to see you having a panic attack." You look at Clint then look down.

"You might as well tell him." Clint holds your hand and starts to explain to Steve. 

Steve-"We can all help you, I understand you didn't want to tell us but in the future do because we can all help you." You smile at him. 

"Thanks Steve." He nods and walks into the kitchen. 

"Clint? Why do I have to suffer with panic attacks? why cant I be normal?" 

Clint-"Just because you suffer with panic attacks and whatever else doesnt mean your not normal, were all human." You nod.