Chapter 58

Better Together By Jack Johnson

I missed you all, hope you aren't tired of this story <3

Ruby

It's finally that time of year again, it's Thanksgiving.

This Thanksgiving is gonna be so much fun, everyone's showing up and we're having it at my grandparent's house in Brooklyn.

I'm at the house already, Grey and I woke up earlier and left,everyone else in on their way but sadly there are two problems with today's event.

Finn will be here.

And Harry.

Well, maybe Harry.

I felt so bad when Niall told me he won't be celebrating Thanksgiving so I asked Niall to ask him to come, I'm not sure if he will though with everything going on between us he probably told Niall to fuck off.

What I did to Harry on Friday at the club was terrible of me, also that's the last time I saw and talked to him, I don't know what I got myself into that's not me whatsoever I don't sprawl myself out like I'm the last course meal he can have.

Anyways, I learned my lesson on never doing that again, but I do miss Harry so much I'm glad he's back in Manhattan, he looks great he for sure still has to be in pain Joey said he's doing some physical therapy since he's back.

I want Harry to be my boyfriend of course I do, but I'll never ask him again if he wants to date me, he has to confront me about it and prove to me that he knows he's worth it, I'm done fucking trying on my end.

"Sweetie, can you please check on the turkey?" My grandma calls out to me as she's in the living room, she's watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade with Grey. "Hopefully it won't almost burn like last time"

"Yeah, of course, don't worry it won't happen," I tell her, it did almost happen though we almost had to order pizza.

I grab the kitchen mittens on top of the counter then I open the oven, the turkey looks beautiful it's starting to brown, this has to be the biggest turkey we have ever gotten.

My favorite thanksgiving meal has to be the sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, it's to die for I always make it and that's why I'm in the kitchen making some more food, well basically everything is done we just have to heat it up my grandma cooked mostly everything yesterday.

I come out of the kitchen and see my grandpa as well sitting watching the parade, he's also wearing his only once a year turkey sweater.

"Hey, the turkey looks delicious, starting to brown already," I tell my grandma as I sit down next to Grey kissing him on his cheek.

"Fabulous, it's pretty huge ain't it?" My grandma asks I nod my head agreeing. "That big bird is about ten pounds, I had to fight off a middle age snotty woman she had no idea what hit her, that gobbler was mine"

"No, I had to give the lady fifty bucks so you can have it," My grandpa says laughing. "You did not fight her"

"I could of" my grandma pipes up. " I had a brand new turkey knife on me, I could have wiped it out and-"

"Grandma" I cut her off cause I think she forgot Grey's in the room and she's talking about killing someone, not literally but still. "Let's all watch the parade"

My grandma goes along with it nodding her head and I can hear her say under her breath, "If I didn't have that turkey I'll stick it on her head"

This Thanksgiving is going to be interesting.

It's been about 10 minutes now and we're all watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, my grandma went to check on the food and everything's fine thank goodness, Bella texted me they're about 20 minutes away which is making me extremely anxious I don't know why.