Chapter 49

By Body Is A Cage By Arcade Fire

Ruby

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"What is it, Grey?"

"I'm all done getting dressed, you wanna see?" He says cheerfully.

"Of course I do, I'll be there in a second"

Greyson is getting ready for Halloween, he has been one big fireball talking about it all morning. His school had a half day today as well which is great, the time they usually end school is three and if that was the case today they'll be tired trick or treating, well not everyone but my son would be he gets tired fast.

"Oh my goodness! you look so cute" I squeal looking at Greyson in his costume.

"I'm not cute, I'm scary mommy, I'm a vampire," he says then points his to fake fang teeth. "See scary"

"Okay Grey... you're scary... cute"

"Mommy that doesn't even make any sense"

"Sorry sweetheart you'll always be cute," I say poking his cute tiny nose then I kneel to his level. "So about Halloween, you okay going to grandpa and grandma's?"

"Mommy you keep asking me this, I'm so excited Ryan is coming too which is gonna be so fun," he says and surprises me with a hug. "Don't worry mommy, grandma, and grandpa are the best"

I still feel down because this is the first Halloween without him. But I would rather have them watch him than Finn on Halloween, Finn on Halloween is hell he gets waisted as fuck, but I'm not sure what he's like anymore since we aren't together, what I do remember from our last Halloween together he called me fat.

"I know sweetie, but I'm always- sudden I hear a knock at the door and I know who it is. "Speaking of grandma she's here, all you need to do is go potty and put on your sneakers, right?" He nods his head saying yes.

After that, he heads to the bathroom and I go by my door to open it. The first thing I see is my grandma wearing a pumpkin shirt, that says, grandma is a naughty pumpkin...oh my god.

"Happy Halloween!" My grandma shouts loud clearly she's forgetting people are living around me. "Here's some goodies," She says handing me a bag full of candy.

"Thank you, you can come inside," I say moving out of the way as she steps inside. "How was the drive up?"

"It was wonderful, none of that bitch ass traffic which is surprising because it's Halloween, and Halloween in New York is a zoo," She says as we go into the kitchen. "So where is the cutie pie?"

"He'll be out in a minute or two using the bathroom and getting his shoes on, I need to ask you something before he comes out," I ask her and she nods her head for me to continue. "You're okay with having grey-"

"Honey I'm gonna stop you right there," she says cutting me off with her pointer finger. "You keep asking me this, I'm fine plus I ask to take Greyson it should be the other way around it's okay for me to take him right?"

"Okay... Yes of course I am, my very happy you're taking him I love your relationship with my son,l you do so much for me I can't even put into words how much I love you and grandpa, plus it's good though because I'm working tonight"

"Oh really," she says with a grin. "Are you gonna wear something showy? Gonna get frisky with a guy tonight?"

Oh my god.

Kill me now.

I ain't surprised though she ain't like other grandma's at all, seriously.

"Grandma shhh," I say pointing to my lips. "Don't say that Grey can walk out here any second"