Chapter 54

I lived By OneRepublic

🛑 STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW BEFORE YOU READ!

Please follow my new TikTok account it sadly got banned from someone & I know for a fact I won't be able to get it back so please help me out I'm begging you all to hype me up again, please, I almost had 4k this hurts. 😭❤️

@ GoldenGirlyyy_

Link in bio as well, thank you.

Ruby

It's finally Friday.

I'm ecstatic because I have Greyson this weekend Finn is away for work in Philadelphia. Today I'm taking Grey to a fall carnival, they do it every year in Manhattan around November. I also invited Vanessa and her daughter Jessica.

I'm driving and picking Vanessa up as we're gonna be getting the kids. Yes, she works at the school as a nurse but she was sick for three days with a cold so she wasn't in. I told her it was fine and we can do it another time but she said she was feeling all better.

Also, everyone is coming along even my grandparents they wouldn't miss it.

Well... one person is missing.

I felt bad not asking everyone so I did but then I forgot about the club, Joey insisted everyone should have a day off so they'll be closed tonight, and on a Friday I'm shocked but Joey said in his words "Fuck it, I'm working my ass off, Harry isn't here right now so I'm closing and having some mother fucking fun if he's back he can kiss my ass"

When Harry and I were dating he knew this weekend I'm getting Greyson so he knows I'm off.

I don't even wanna think about Harry but he's been on my mind this whole week, and yesterday when I talked to him on the phone I got butterflies as always, but after it was hell I balled my eyes out.

Yes, I do feel bad for saying that he shouldn't call me darling again, because I adore it when he calls me that.

My thoughts are cut off now because I pull up to Vanessa's apartment and I see her outside waiting, she told me where she lives it's only five minutes away from me.

"Hey, Ruby," Vanessa says getting in the passenger seat. "Thanks for picking me up"

"Hey, no problem, how are you feeling?" I ask.

"A lot better, I just felt like I needed to be off again today and start back up Monday, I don't want any of the children to get sick," she says.

"Happy you're feeling better, tonight's gonna be fun, Greyson's been talking about the carnival all week" I smile.

He seriously has been, he's so excited to go on the rides with Jessica, he even says he's gonna try and win her a stuffed animal, too stinking cute

Sadly he's also been saying how much he misses Harry and wishing he would come with us, well since Harry is Jessica's uncle he could of went. I keep telling him he's coming back he's just on vacation it breaks my heart that I'm lying.

"Same!" Vanessa says beaming with excitement. "Jessica was non stop talking about it, thanks for inviting us it means a lot since I barely know anyone out here yet"

"Of course, Grey and Jessica are friends now, and so are we, I'm happy you're coming along with us," I say.

I realize that maybe sounded childish, but I'm so thrilled I found someone that's a mother and I can be friends with. I'm friends with Julia, but it's different she's just older and Vanessa is in her twenties still it's nice to have another young mother friend, now I feel like I'm being a bitch but it's the truth.