Chapter 82

Ace

What I saw was destitute land.

It was an hour away from Rintalis with no border control. Sytharinas people were malnourished, with old rags, sitting on the pavements, begging for food.

I brought some 20 people with me, and they were already stationed at various homes.

There was a group of children on a makeshift playground, around 5 of them playing with an improvised ball, maybe unaware of the hardships of their country.

Behind them, there was a boy and a girl with a yellow dress on a swing.

Goosebumps spread through my skin, and my ears rang.

Chaos enfolded when my men started taking the kids. Mothers screaming begging, not quite understanding what is happening.

One of my men reached for the boy from the swing, and the girl ran towards my men, and started to throw stones.

My throat was dry, tears stinging my eyes. The exact girl from my dream back when Margaret saved me. Rather, it was that girl in the yellow dress that passed me by with her mother a while ago.

She cried and screamed, looking fiercely at me.

Fury in her eyes, filled with contempt, her glare familiar.

When someone reached from my personnel reached for her, my legs started moving on their own.

"Stop it. "

I couldn't...I couldn't...Even at the cost of my company. Even at the cost of my power, my fortune. I couldn't do it.

"Stop the whole thing. Let the kids go. "

She hugged the boy that she tried to protect just moments ago.

I lowered myself in front of her on one knee.

"What's your name? "

She moved the boy behind her, and followed by a moment of hesitation, she uttered.

"Margaret. "

Hah. What are the chances?

"Thank you for saving me, Margaret. "

I moved to my men, no one uttered a single word except me.

"I want you all to bring these kids and their families a year's worth of food and clothes. We have disturbed them enough. "

With that, I left for my home, and I took my phone to make a call.