Ch 38 - Congratu-Fu%#ing-Lations

It was difficult to watch.

Both Shinso and Tamaki stood rigid as boards, wondering if they'd slipped into the Twilight Zone. Or perhaps, a time machine...

Bakugo's possessive hold around (Y/N) only got more intimate the longer he had her. Shinso knew he was an intelligent - and violent - person, but there was a moment where it seemed the one in control was (Y/N). It may not have even been intentional on her end. Bakugo was just too enamored by her presence that he forgot himself and swallowed her lips in a kiss.

"Is this a fucking joke..."

Shinso blinked, shocked to hear that from Tamaki. Her poor brother was quivering like tree branches in a harsh storm.

"Easy does it." Shinso grabbed him by the shoulder, anchoring him down.

"Kitten?" Nejire frowned.

"How are you so calm?" Tamaki asked, "He's touching her all over and she's just... letting him? Somethings seriously wrong!"

"You're right but we have to approach this cautiously."

"Why?"

"Because they knew exactly what they were doing coming here tonight," Shinso said, "They knew who would show up. So why did they?"

"I know why... to claim my sister in front of everyone! To ruin her reputation for good. I need to get her out of here."

Tamaki lunged forward but froze just as abruptly.

"I'm sorry..." Shinso whispered, "When you've calmed I'll let you go."

Nejire hugged Tamaki protectively. Her large eyes flared at the brainwasher. "Hey - why are you messing with Tamaki? Let go of his brain!"

"I won't harm him. Just sit with him in another room," Shinso said, "He could do something he'll regret later."

She scoffed. "He wants to protect his baby sister. How can he regret something like that?"

Shinso didn't have an answer for her; not one she'd be satisfied with, anyway. Bakugo had been dangerous back in school, but everyone was older. Stronger. Harsher.

If anyone got in Bakugo's way this time, it would be more than some bruises on the training field.

Bakugo used to be all fire. All fists and screams. But those three years seemed to refine Bakugo more than Best Jeanist ever could. The smooth exterior he revealed since his release was far more unsettling to Shinso than the explosive Bakugo from the past. He was now a buried mine just waiting for someone to trip...

In Tamaki's defense, watching (Y/N) with Bakugo's tongue down her throat made Shinso want to break his neck too.

After he was done playing tonsil tag - Bakugo surrendered (Y/N) to his cronies while he approached his old teachers. She was left in Kirishima's hands; the man she'd been trembling in front of at the station months ago. Now, she sat in his lap at the bar like they were an inseparable, newlywed couple.

So... they were going to be open about their... openness?

It was like watching a pack protecting their prey. Kaminari and Sero took the two barstools on either side of Kirishima. If anyone wanted to approach (Y/N) they had three to face first.

That didn't stop Mina or a couple others from (Y/N) class.

Shinso kept a safe distance but tried to hear their conversations. He knew that (Y/N)'s class had a hard time believing her about Bakugo, but this made Shinso's blood boil. There was no way she wasn't furious on the inside.