Ch 33 - You

I let the shower run. The door remained locked, so no surprise visitor this time. I could hardly feel the warmth of the water as it slid down my body.

Yo still waited on the other side.

I dried off. All I had were the clothes Yo lent me to put back on, so I did. He wasn't going to see me naked again; regardless of why he did what he did.

He was as guilty as Bakugo to me.

I took my bottle of tea and slowly drained it in the sink. No one should ever be roofied and I had been one too many times. It wouldn't happen again.

But Yo didn't need to know that.

It was almost impossible to tell if it had been tampered with, but I had a gut feeling. I thought it had been Kirishima or a dream, but the intruder drugged me in my own shower. Now Yo had me alone.

"Babe?" Yo asked softly from behind the door.

"You're so impatient," I forced a giggle, "I'm sorry but... I think I'm just ready for bed."

I opened the door, making my empty bottle obvious in my hand, "I'm really sleepy for some reason."

Yo quickly came to my side, "Hey, you've had it rough. We can relax."

"Yeah..."

I needed to see how he would react if I pretended to faint. If he was alarmed, then I had been wrong about him slipping something in my tea, but if not...

I groaned and dropped the bottle.

"Hey, hey..." he cooed, "Shit."

His soft chuckle wounded my heart.

I let my eyes flutter closed and leaned all of my weight into him. My legs went next, and Yo swooped in to carry me like clockwork.

"Amajiki..." he sighed, "You're still too naive."

He must've thought I was long gone already. So, he really had tried to drug me.

I did my best not to kill him on the spot and remain limp. He set me gently on the bed and hovered over me for a while.

Staying motionless took so much focus I worried he'd see the stress behind my eyelids.

"Luckily, I'll be the last asshole you have to deal with now until forever," he said, "I hope..."

His hot breath tickled my earlobe before his lips felt for my neck. "I'm gonna need you to stay while I deal with something. Be good and wait for me... no one should find you here."

I felt his cool fingers under my chin but then his presence disappeared.

Good.

He needed to leave so I could follow him.

I lay there like a corpse for a good minute, just in case he decided to come back. When the coast was clear, I crept to the window and peered through the blinds.

Yo wasn't taking the car.

Luckily I was already in a mini disguise. I snuck out of the hotel and tailed him. He was a fast walker; I almost had to run to keep up.

There was a part of me that wanted to just arrest him myself, but I was curious about where he was off to. Was Kirishima his accomplice? That didn't add up. They hated each other.

What did Yo need to do in secret now?

I couldn't mess it up this time. If I could find even more evidence I had to. It couldn't be a repeat of last time.