Ch 5 - I Kissed A Girl

It was impossible to hold back my initial distrust and hate of the situation.

FatGum couldn't see the daggers I was staring into Kirishima, but the red-haired convict just continued to smile. His cuteness was irritating me to no end. It had to be a cruel joke from the universe to create people so attractive and so twisted.

"I can take him inside?" FatGum offered, still speaking to me in hushed tones.

I knew Kirishima couldn't hear us, but his lips closed into a smirk as he watched our body language. He wants to know what I'm going to do next too. I say "too," because I have no fucking idea.

My first instinct was to attack or run, but he wasn't here to get me. Not yet, anyway. He had something else planned, and I'm sure the rest of the squad is involved.

Was I being paranoid?

No...

Could I just be flattering myself that they would still be obsessed with me? Prison might have ruined the warped, romantic reality they created of me.

Or made it worse.

"No, it's fine..." I said, not taking my eyes off Kirishima. If I was going to prove that they hurt Tamaki, spying on one of them might be useful.

Keep your enemies closer.

"You sure?" FatGum asked with concern. He had to sense the tension because I was drowning in it.

"Yeah..." the kabob I hadn't eaten yet splintering in my clenched hand, "I want to talk to him."

FatGum rolled his giant body to one side and mumbled something before blurting out, "Alright. But you tell me if there's a problem."

He waddled on ahead. Before entering his building he gave Kirishima a fist bump and they exchanged a few words. I was torn by what I was seeing. He gazed up at FatGum and the cold sneer he held chipped away. For a split second, I saw the old Kirishima. Sweet, determined, and kind Kirishima. I had convinced myself that these guys who tormented me couldn't feel normal emotions, but Kirishima was either a master of deception or a very lost, confused soul.

As soon as FatGum went inside, Kirishima's crimson gaze slid back to me. Familiar dread sat in my guts. An emotion overpowering my fear, however, was anger. I hated them for making me feel this way. I hated that they got away with what they did.

Almost.

I slowly approached. Loathing every second of this. Kirishima couldn't hold still, rocking on his heels by my willingness. His excitement made me want to punch him on the spot.

"I didn't expect to see you today, rosebud," he sounded sweet, rolling my nickname from his tongue.

"Yes you did," I said, not putting up with this crap.

Kirishima lifted his brows as if impressed, "Hehe... Come on. It's been a while! Aren't you at all happy to see me?"

When I said nothing, he shrugged it off, "I guess it makes sense that you're suspicious of me. I get it, I'm a criminal now. And with your brother in the hospital... damn."

"Are you fucking with me?"

"(Y/N)," he took a step forward, "Suneater and I were buds. Why would I hurt the guy?"