Ch 27 - Stuck In a Web

- then -

I thought I could handle it.

Three days in and I was already losing my mind. No phone, as they deemed it unnecessary while on vacation. I couldn't be anywhere alone or without someone touching me.

The biggest offenders were Kirishima and Kaminari; both acted touch-deprived which I knew wasn't true. Bakugo let me breathe unless he wanted something from me, then I was prey to his advances.

Sero was kind of chill..?

I hoped to talk with him alone and convince him to let me leave. Two weeks... I've had to deal with the Bakusquad for longer than that. I should have been able to do it. But this was different.

Rejecting any of them was getting scarier every time. I would play along until I couldn't, but without the presence of other people around, they didn't have to hold back anymore.

Sero had some time with me today while the others trained outside. At least, I think that's what they were off doing. I could hear Bakugo's roars and the rumbling of powerful quirks in action. That probably meant we were far enough that they weren't worried about alerting anyone.

"(Y/N) I'm making hot chocolate," Sero said, "Ya want any?"

I had my back against the wall in the corner of the kitchen. It was easier to not get surprised by one of them this way. Not like I could do much, but I'd rather see them coming.

"You can come closer, silly," he chuckled, "I won't touch you if you don't want."

"Promises," I scoffed.

"Now, I didn't promise, but I'll try and behave," Sero poured two mugs anyway, taking his time with adding the milk and making a pretty swirl of whipped cream. He sprinkled some chocolate chips on top and gave me a side glance.

"Come on. It's yummy."

"Still not sure which one of you drugged me, so no," I said.

He blinked, "Oh. That's why you've been refusing to eat? We wouldn't do that... unless we had to."

"How reassuring."

"We didn't," Sero insisted, "Bakugo found you all loopy at the party. Good thing it was before someone else did."

Yeah. Good thing.

"I know, keeping you here doesn't seem right," he read my mind, "Bakugo still needs to learn to be gentle to a woman's heart. His aggression is sure to give you the wrong idea about him."

He walked toward my corner with the drinks and held one out to me by its handle. He left me plenty of room between us, almost ridiculously so.

"No, I think I have him pegged correctly..." I stared at the liquid chocolate for a while before taking it. Sero smiled.

"There, see. It didn't bite,"  he said, "Look, we all low-key hate Bakugo, but we also respect that he's incredibly strong and will get the job done. I know you do too, even if you want nothin' to do with him right now. The way he loves you is matching his drive to become the next top hero, and you know how determined he is about that."