Ch 35 - Drop of Poison

What do I do

What do I do

What do I do..?

I brought myself to the train station.

Although, I couldn't really remember how I'd gotten there. I stood facing the tracks, my emotions numb. It was like my entire being wanted me to put as much distance from here as possible but I hadn't even packed a bag.

The sky was black and the lamps glowed a dim yellow. It was eerie being out this late; my eyes never remained in one direction for too long.

It had been days but it felt like an eternity since I took a breath. I wanted to forget about Yo - forget everything - and disappear. Why did he have to be crazy too?

He had a decent plan, anyway; using Bakugo's release to dispose of Tamaki. It was easy to make Bakugo a target knowing our history together. Momo offered to help me but then we kissed, and Yo killed her for it.

He was claiming innocence for that crime, though. Probably because we still had no evidence to prove it...

Then, he went after my mom, even using black market equipment to make it look like Bakugo's explosion quirk. It might have worked except Kirishima was also lurking about that night to catch him in the act, and... saved her?

Still not sure how mom ended up out of harms way, but I was grateful for that at least.

Yo was captured, but Bakugo and the others continued to thrive in their freedom, almost like they were rubbing it in my face. They might not have been the ones terrorizing me this time, but they would soon. Why else would he get involved in framing Yo?

He wants three years of my life...

I looked up as the train rolled in but couldn't get my feet to move. Was my family better off if I cooperated with Bakugo? Or could take Tamaki and mom and leave the country?

The Bakusquad was a band of evil pricks, I don't think they'd ever kill Tamaki. Family was off limits. Why? No fucking idea. Guess they had some moral code after all.

Even if that was the case, I couldn't count on any of them being predictable.

The train hissed as it left the station again. I still hadn't budged. It felt too cowardly to run; further pissing me off. I kept a tight hold on my anger to ignore the nausea and panic that wound up my insides.

None of it mattered. The situation hadn't changed. I wouldn't be able to go far anyway, not with Yo's trial on the horizon.

I was still stuck there. Same as before.

"DAMMIT!"

I kicked over a nearby metal trash can. My head dropped back as I evaluated my rage, then proceeded to picking it back up. There was a dent in the metal from my foot but at least I wasn't littering.

I thought no one saw, but then, I noticed a man with a black mullet sitting from across the tracks.

Sero had his butt on a bench with his legs spread wide. He didn't even flinch when I reached for my phone. Instead, he casually waved at me.

"Son of a bitch..." My fingers shook while I decided who to call.

Was he making sure I didn't ditch town and escape the deal? Sero's smug grin further reminded me how trapped I was. I called Mirio anyway but static crinkled in my ear.

My face remained firm as stone as I whipped around. Denki walked up from behind carrying two clear cups loaded with whipped cream.

"H-Hey, (Y/N)! You liked caramel right?"