Ch 15 - Camp Death

- then -

Bakugo

Class ended, and Bakugo was closer to becoming the future number one hero. But no positive progress was made with (Y/N).

It wasn't anything new that the two butt-heads constantly, but there was always that level of chemistry that brought them together one way or another.

He fucking loved it.

Maybe love wasn't the word. Addicted? Watching her try and challenge him aggravated and excited him. She always lost, but she got his heart racing as no one else could. He never really gave a damn about anyone, especially all the lessers in their class.

Bakugo glanced in the direction of the group of girls headed toward the locker room. (Y/N) was sweating and covered in scrapes. A couple of burn marks on her cape were courtesy of yours truly. Explosives still killed flowers, but she wasn't just a pretty face to take lightly anymore. Bakugo took some pride in helping his little flower grow.

She needed him.

But even after all he did for her, she still punished him; kept herself away from him and gave him the cold shoulder, like now. (Y/N) met his gaze for half a second before turning sharply, whipping her hair.

Tch.

He had to let it happen, though. For now.

It wasn't like he could always make a scene. They all lived in the same damned dorms.

Bakugo showered off and returned to the dorms where he found (Y/N) getting cozy on the couch, with Sero. He was well aware that Sero had been making his move for a while. It looked like they were playing a big card game with friends.

It didn't bother Bakugo as much that it was Sero. (Y/N) had a pattern. She and Bakugo would fight, she would ignore him and focus on other members of the squad, but ultimately, she would come back to him.

The first time, Bakugo nearly lost his shit with Kaminari for touching her, but once he realized that she seemed to need the others to coax her back into his arms, he continued to allow those idiots to do their job.

She always came back.

Training to be the best was the second obsession that kept him focused during their breakups. If he wanted (Y/N) to be his forever, he needed to become someone powerful. He planned to have it all. No less.

He poured himself a drink in the communal kitchen, letting his irritation bubble silently while he watched Sero make subtle touches on (Y/N)'s arms or thighs. However, Bakugo noticed that she wasn't reciprocating this time.

She seemed... off.

Bakugo paid close attention to her all week, but she was getting more and more distant. Had one of those idiots made her uncomfortable? They were useless if they weren't going to keep her happy.

One day, Bakugo saw the source of all their problems. (Y/N) wasn't hanging out with his friends.

She was hanging out with class 1-B.

She sat by one of the boys with dark hair and a bandana at lunch. Bakugo couldn't remember his name, or cared to.

So, this was her plan? Make new friends with random rejects and leave him in the dust?

Fat chance.

Another week later, Aizawa announced that they would all be going to camp for the summer. Basically, more training and less distractions.