Chapter 71-75

Chapter 71 – December

"No teeth yet?" Hou Wazi was shocked. "What does younger brother eat then?"

"He drinks water mixed with milk powder, and when he is a little older, he can eat rice paste," Su Danhong replied.

Hou Wazi nodded. "Then he must grow up quickly. I drank that and wasn't full. I went out to play and got hungry again."

The last time he came, he saw that his third aunt was mixing the milk powder, and he was a little hungry. Although it was his brother's food, and his grandmother also told him that he had grown up and should not compete with his brother for food, he wanted to taste it. He had never tried it before and was hungry.

His third aunt made him a bowl, just like his brother's. He was very satisfied after drinking it, and it tasted good, but the only disadvantage was that he was not completely full and could not bear being hungry so soon.

No wonder his grandmother said that it should only be eaten by his brother. His brother couldn't walk or play. His brother would be full drinking this, but he would not be full.

He still needed to eat more food.

These dumplings are delicious.

Su Danhong didn't know what this little boy was thinking about, and continued curing the bacon. Ji Jianyun liked to eat bacon, so she asked him to buy more meat. It was not much, just eight or nine jin.

When Hou Wazi was full, he went to play with Xiao Renren and also did his homework. It was almost time for him to go back and he put his school bag on his back.

"Smelly brat, you didn't come back until now. Where did you go to play? Have you done your homework? " Feng Fangfang said when she saw him come home.

"I went to third uncle's house today, and I finished my homework. When I asked third uncle to look at it, he said it was good. He also pointed out two mistakes to me, and I corrected them!" Hou Wazi said right away.

Feng Fangfang just said, "Go and put your school bag away and eat."

"You can eat with father. I ate at third uncle's house. Third aunt gave me a big bowl of dumplings. I am very full. I'm going to practice reciting my homework." With that, Hou Wazi went into his room.

His third uncle explained to him that he was the eldest brother, so he had to study hard. Later, when his younger brother grew up and went to school, he could teach his younger brother.

If his younger brother asked him a question and he couldn't answer it, then how humiliating would it be for him to be the elder brother?

Feng Fangfang left him alone.

"He went to eat at Lao San't house?" Ji Jianguo asked at the dinner table.

"Yeah, the boy said he ate a big bowl of dumplings," Feng Fangfang answered with a smile. She thought of how much better Danhong was now. Just look, her son ate something good from her from time to time.

Ji Jianguo said, "Children crave meat. Go and buy some back sometimes. The last time we sold rice, we made some money."

"How much was that?" Feng Fangfang glanced at him with annoyance.

She lived a very careful life. It was almost time to renovate their home. She planned on doing that next year. Renovating was a big deal. There were only a few households in the village that did this."

"As for meat? It's enough to buy half a jin or two a week to satisfy their cravings. In the past, they didn't even have a bite to eat.

Ji Jianguo listened to her talk about the renovations. She was a bit enthusiastic about it, so he smiled and said, "Okay, I'll listen to you. Let's save the money."