Chapter 111-115

Chapter 111 – The Commotion Caused by Buying a Truck

"Say, why haven't you done better? You are both from the same unit. Look at him. It hasn't been that long and he already saved enough money to buy his own truck. Your relationship with him is so good, so why don't you think about how he did that? You're all buddies. If you can't follow him in making a living like that, you can still use him to help you out, right?" Lao Qin's wife complained and nagged at him.

Lao Qin frowned and said, "Jianyun is only starting out. His business is not solid yet. All the money he has earned these past few days has been reinvested to buy a truck. It'll be a while before it gets better. I don't need to talk to him to help me out as brothers."

They both came from the same unit and their friendship began as a life and death friendship. Lao Qin didn't waver because of a few words from his wife that would stab his brother in the back.

And Jianyun was also very kind to him. Every time he asked for help, he would definitely give an explanation to him, and fill up the truck gas. Otherwise, it goes without saying that he would pay him. Other people were not paid more than in a month, and Jianyun's wife was generous to give him a big pork leg last time. This time, Jianyun also gave him money and sheep meat.

When he took it home, he had an explanation for it and it could satisfy their cravings. It would be too much to ask for anything more.

"What do you mean? You took him to learn skills to manage the orchard. The mountains on our side are not much worse than his. If he can grow it on his side, can't we grow it on our side?" Lao Qin's wife grumbled.

"You can't say it like that. Jianyun was successful, but I might not be. There's still luck to consider," Lao Qin said.

Several families in Jianyun's village also planted the saplings at the same time. Moreover, it was saplings he had bought and picked out to sell to them. But there was one time where he saw that the other trees in the village were not good at all and could not grow.

The orchard from Jianyun's family flourished and grew so well that it made people envious when they saw it. Other people's trees were very skinny, even though they said that they took care of it to their best efforts. Yet, they couldn't make it grow. There was also Jianyun's uncle who sought him to discuss the trees, but how could Jianyun know what was going on with their trees?

How long has it been since Ji Jianyun started working on the orchard? If he had any tricks to make it successful, Lao Qin didn't believe it.

That's why it depended on luck.

Lao Qin's wife said, "Just go to him and see if he is willing to help since you guys are brothers. If he is willing to help you, he will certainly tell you the secret. If there is none, then I won't believe it!"

Lao Qin glanced at her and said, "I'll ask Jianyun again when I'm free."

He was honestly a little jealous. It was so easy to sell fruits, but he wasn't confident. He didn't know if he could do it, and if it didn't work, then how much would it have cost?

Let's not talk about the situation here anymore.

Meanwhile, the other side. Ji Jianyun drove back in the brand new big truck. It was confirmed by him that he bought it, which undoubtedly dropped a bomb in the village. It almost blew the village upside down.

"Jianyun, how much does this truck cost?"

"It must cost a lot of money. How'd you get so much money? Is it from selling fruit?"