Chapter 16-20

Chapter 16 – The Suspicious Ji Yunyun

"As the old saying goes, 'The river flows thirty year to the East, thirty years to the West'1. Don't look down on her," Mother Ji said. She was no longer angry and casted a side glance at her daughter.

Ji Yunyun pressed, "Mother, don't you think it's strange? How long did it take for her to become like she's a different person? Every part of her is suspicious!"

Mother Ji was shocked.

Father Ji hit his pipe and reprimanded, "Go and eat your meat."

When Ji Yunyun's father spoke, she had no choice but to go back to the kitchen. Although the meat was brought by that woman, she did not eat for nothing.

It was stewed until it was this fragrant. She couldn't even eat something like this when she was at fourth sister-in-law's place.

"Aren't you happy that the child is becoming better? Stop listening to the girl talking nonsense," Father Ji said to Mother Ji on the other side.

Mother Ji said, "I didn't say anything either." But she was a little distracted by what Yunyun, that girl, said.

Father Ji said, "If you have nothing to do then go over there and have a look. Lao San's wife likes your pickled cabbage."

Mother Ji grinned and went over with the freshly pickled vegetables.

Su Danhong went out to welcome her. She helped Mother Ji into the house and said, "It's getting colder and colder now. Mother, is there enough firewood between you and father? If it's not enough, I still have a lot here. You can use it first. Last time Jianyun came back and chopped up a lot for me. I can't use so much firewood alone."

"Your father and I don't lack anything, so how can we lack firewood?" Mother Ji said with a smile. After being helped by her daughter-in-law to sit down, she gave her this jar of pickled vegetables. "This was just pickled by mother. I put in a lot of ginger like how you like it. You can take it and eat it slowly."

"Thank you, mother." Su Danhong smiled and nodded. She took the pickled vegeta

bles to the kitchen.

When she came back, she saw Mother Ji looking at the clothes she was making. Her face turned a little red.

"Is this for Jianyun?" Mother Ji asked with a grin.

"Mhm, Jianyun is coming back for the New Year. I made him an extra set and saved it for him to change into." Su Danhong was slightly embarrassed and nodded.

"Jianyun is coming back?" When Mother Ji heard these words, she happily asked the question.Su Danhong nodded and said, "Yes, I told Yunyun. Didn't Yunyun tell mother?"

She saw how Mother Ji looked like she did not know. Ji Yunyun was quick to speak ill of her as soon as she got home. How could she still remember what Su Danhong said?