Chapter 61-65

Chapter 61 – Making a Little Bet With Aunt Hu

Every time the Hu family were transporting flowers, the villagers would ask how much they had earned. Then the Hu family would modestly say that they had not earned much, but the Hu family rarely did farm work. They only planted a few mu of rice, and didn't plant anything else when there were more than ten people in the old Hu family.

Where did the money to support them come from?

Wasn't it from growing flowers?

Su Danhong and Mother Ji went over, and they met the Hu family's Lao Si. The Hu family's Lao Si was born when his parents were old and the Lao Da, Lao Er, and Lao San of the Hu family had all got married and settled down, and their children were not young.

There were two other women in the Hu family, both of whom were married.

But Uncle Hu and Aunt Hu had a lot of descendants. There were no less than 12 people in their family. Their household was not small.

"Oh, Xiao Hu, are you on vacation? Is your mother here?" Mother Ji spoke up with a smile.

When Hu Yitian saw Su Danhong's smooth, beautiful face that was like peach blossoms, the 17-year-old half-grown boy's face turned red. However, he was quick-witted and said, "She's at home. Aunt, please go there."

"Then show us the way," Mother Ji said and continued smiling.
"Okay." Hu Yitian nodded and led them there.

Hu Yitian was in his first year at the high school in Jiangshui City. He rarely came back home. Seeing this half-grown boy, Su Danhong felt that it would be good if her child grew up to be this old."Mom, aunt and sister-in-law are here," Hu Yitian said.

Aunt Hu came out. She was particularly gentle and her complexion was nice because she took care of the flowers all the year round and was seldom busy with farm work. Aunt Hu was essentially different from an ordinary old woman.

"You came. Come and sit down. Yitian, go and get a chair for your aunt and sister-in-law," Aunt Hu said with a smile.Mother Ji said declined at once.

Su Danhong also politely agreed with Mother Ji.

Hu Yitian still went to get the chairs. They sat down and said a few polite words to Aunt Hu before they arrived at their main purpose.

"Aunt Hu, I came here today because I want to ask you if there are any flowers that I can buy from you," Su Danhong explained.

Aunt Hu knew what her intentions were as soon as she heard it. Many people in the village were jealous of her family's source of income.

"The orchard is set up, and I heard that you are raising sheep and chickens next year. Growing flowers is a delicate job. Wouldn't you be too busy?" Aunt Hu questioned.

"We will be a little busy next year, but that's something Jianyun will take care of. I just want to find something to do when I don't have to take care of the child at home." Su Danhong smiled.Aunt Hu looked at her and said, "There are many people in the village who want to plant flowers like Aunt. It's not that Aunt doesn't want to give them seeds for it, but it's because seeds are not cheap. A bag of good chrysanthemum seeds costs three yuan, and one of even better quality one costs five yuan. It's also not certain that they will grow well. Even if you plant them, it's not certain if they will bloom. Many people in the village say that Aunt has cheated them, but aunt gave them seeds that were at the market value, and did not make a cent off of them."