Chapter Fifty-Six: You Almost Got Me in Trouble

Start from the beginning

"Yes, because the room of grown-ass adults doesn't know what a circle is."

Possibly tall guy covered his mouth to try to cover the loud chuckle that came out, but it caught the producer's attention anyway.

"Seungmin? Did you have a question?"

He coughed and shook his head. "No. Sorry, Producer-nim. Please continue."

"Actually, if there are no other questions, then I am finished," she told the room. "You may all come up and choose your numbers and then take your seats."

Once everyone had chosen and taken their seats, Jimin was the one sitting in front of me.

"You may begin, but please remember not to ask someone what their soulmate mark looks like. That information is for later," the producer told us, then set a timer on her phone.

"Hello, Noona," Jimin said, giving me a smile.

Next to us, Yoongi laughed, making the girl in front of him ask if he was laughing at her.

"I swear, the two of you are a couple of fucking brats," I told Jimin, then lowered my voice a little so we wouldn't be heard. "How Mandy puts up with you both is beyond me."

Jimin chuckled and shrugged at me. "She doesn't, mostly. When she thinks we're being bratty, she escapes to write what I can only assume is some deeply depraved BTS fanfiction."

I laughed, because honestly...he wasn't too far off.

"So..." Jimin said, putting his elbow on the table and then leaning his chin on his hand. "How's the garden?"

I kicked him under the table and he yelped, making the people in our general vicinity glance in our direction.

"Does everybody know about that?" I asked him with a frown.

"Umm...yes," he said with a shrug. "But also, Tae tells me everything. Literally everything." He wiggled his eyebrows at me. "Been in any tiny closets lately?"

"Okay, nothing happened in that closet," I told him, pointing my finger at him.

"From what I was told, it was about to before you got called to the hospital," he tells me with a shrug as he sits back in his chair.

"I'm going to murder him," I said. "I am going to cut off all of his limbs, dump him down a port-a-potty, then laugh as they fill in the hole."

"That's...graphic," Jimin tells me.

"It's necessary if Kim Taehyung can't keep his damn mouth shut," I answered back.

Jimin leaned forward again, lowering his voice. "You might want to watch threatening him with bodily harm when he gets to your table. Hybe might neglect him sometimes, but ARMY will hunt you down if they see you so much as shoot him a glare."

"Noted," I said with a nod, covering my ears as the air horn went off. "And thanks for the tip."

After Jimin, I sat across from a guy who looked young enough to be in one of my classes, and two girls who did nothing but cross their arms and glare at me. When I leaned over to ask Yoongi why the guys and girls were mixed up, he quietly reminded me that one of his soulmates was a guy and that he thinks they're trying to be more open-minded for once.

I guess that makes sense.

Once the second girl had shot me a final death glare, I heard a sigh as somebody plopped down into the seat across from me.

"Finally. I didn't think I was ever going to get to you."

I looked up to see the guy who had been laughing at me during the instructions.

"Get to me for what?" I asked him.

"For my turn, of course," he said in perfect English. "Hi. I'm Seugmin and you almost got me in trouble."

"Hi. I'm Kit," I told him. "And you didn't have to listen in on my private conversation."

"Who were you having this conversation with?" He asked me.

"Myself."

"Outloud?"

"Obviously, unless your superpower is mind reading," I said.

"No, my superpower is being the funniest member in my group," he told me with a smirk.

"And what group is that?" I asked.

"Stray Kids."

"Oh! You guys sing Maniac and Charmer, right?" I asked and he nodded. "I love those songs."

"Thank you," he said, leaning his arms on the table. "I thought maybe you only listened to BTS." When I raised my eyebrow in question, he continued. "I saw you talk to Yoongi-ssi a few times. Are you one of the 'secret' people who have found your soulmate already? Is it him?"

I smiled and shook my head. "No. He's not my soulmate, and no, I haven't found mine. Also, I'm an equal opportunity music listener. I don't play favorites, just because I'm friends with BTS."

"Interesting, interesting," He said, sitting back and rubbing his finger over his chin like he was in some bad movie detective, trying to put together the clues. "How do you know them, then?"

"Like I said, we're friends, but not soulmates." 

************************************************

A/N: I have been very sick. Once again. I have RSV and pneumonia. Lot's of fun, let me tell you. Teachers really need extra vaccinations. And...space suits or something to protect us. Hope you're all doing well and staying healthy. -------Kat

While BTS will always be #1 in my heart, I do love me some Stray Kids and especially Seungmin. He's so funny. Plus, in case you can't tell by now, I'm a sucker for a guy with a great smile.