Twenty

''I am having a ball tonight and I would love for you to come.'' Oliver was playing with my hand as we lay naked in bed. I was feeling guilty knowing I am sleeping with a married man, although he doesn't love Lina. Lina has been cheating on him for too long during their time of marriage. She has bear a child for a general and he has been executed because this shows weakness of Oliver for letting him be a general while he has a kid with his wife. Some people talk in the court where they were asking why he didn't marry me because he won't feel depressed. Some people were thinking if he would ever take a mistress because his wife has taken more than one suitor to screw.

I told him I will come to his ball because it would be nice to out and about. The wet nurse will take care of William while I am gone and tomorrow, I will be with William all day to bond with one another. I haven't had the time to bond with him and I want to be a good mom to him since I am the only one, he knows because I didn't get the chance to tell him.

''Are you and Lina planning on having kids with one another?'' I wanted to know because I am curious.

''No, I don't want no more kids with her because she caused my name to go down into ruins.'' Oliver seems mad.

''I'm shocked.''

''Do you want more kids?'' He asks.

''I do, if I remarried.'' I was staring at Oliver as he was sitting there smitten by my answer. I got up from the bed knowing we need to get out of this bedroom before someone walks in seeing us together in bed when I am only the guest, and his wife is like in the other side of the palace. Oliver puts on his clothes as he rushes out telling me he will see me at the ball tonight. He went to the garden to join Lina for breakfast until she started asking him questions of his whereabouts.

''I came here to have breakfast with you, not to get interrogated on my whereabouts.'' Oliver was getting angry because Lina does all the sneaky things and he finally lives for once for himself, she won't let him.

''I didn't ask you where you have been when you sleep with various men while I am making sure people doesn't slander your name as the slut queen.'' Oliver didn't like how Lina wanted to start an argument early in the morning before the ball tonight.

''You are my husband!'' She gets up from her seat shouting at Oliver because she wants him to understand that she stopped sleeping with men when Oliver murdered her lover.

''Damn it! I AM YOUR KING!'' Oliver slammed his fist on the table by getting up from his seat shouting at Lina. Lina felt a sense of defeat; so, she sat down telling him that she is his queen and he needs to remember that I will not be his wife in no time soon. She got up from her seat leaving the garden because she cannot face her husband anymore. After my bath, I got dressed headed to the library where I bumped into Lina where she told me I need to stay away from her husband because I gave him up.

''I gave him up because I wasn't ready.''

''Ready my ass, you knew you wanted to be married to his cousin because you didn't find Oliver attractive and now your husband is dead; you want my husband.'' Lina sounds really jealous, and I didn't care because I am not here to take her husband for myself. I am here for the ball where I can enjoy myself and have fun until it is time for me to go home. I lean in telling Lina she can have Oliver, but whenever he is ready to get rid of her, he will let me know.

Lina scoffed as she left walking behind me while I am headed to the library. I went to the library because there is a book I am interested in reading while I am here for the meantime. While Oliver is in meeting dealing with the country, Lina is planning out the ball and I am hoping she doesn't try to kill me before the ball because Lina seems like a sweet girl, but realize she is a real bitch.