Six

"I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.’’ 

I have worried about William ever since he left here all because I was giving him wrong signals. I heard a carriage outside where the maid entered my room telling me that Prince Oliver had come with his wife. I was startled to hear that he had come to see me before my coronation. I fixed my hair before I approached Oliver where I saw him smiling at me with his wife holding his hand tightly. 
‘’Oliver, it been a long time we talked.’’ I smiled just seeing him aging better with the nice features he happened to appear to have now. 

“Ophelia, you have grown as well, dear, i can’t believe you are going to become a queen of Alexandria which you knew would happen.’’ He smiled. Princess Lina bowed to me and so did I, where she gave me a look of disdain. 

"Princess Lina, you are as radiant as the sun." I smiled but still she has the look on her face. I didn't pay attention to her anymore after that look on her face made me feel that I am a threat to her.

"Lizabeth, you can help our guests get situated in my home." I said walking back up going into my father's study sitting down in his chair remembering all the time he was here making me feel like his little princess.

I cried just knowing I have lost a great father before I found out he was nothing but a cheating man who loves beating my mother. Oliver found me telling me he is sorry for the attitude of his wife but he can't tell his wife how not to feel about someone because those are her emotions. She has every right to feel them because I think she wants me dead for captivating the heart of her husband. 

He held my hand telling me as he touched my chin bringing my eyes to meet with his eyes. "I am here no matter what." At that moment, I felt so bewildered by what he said to me, we stared into each other's eyes leaning in close contact with each other. I parted my lips away from each other as I thought he was leaning in to kiss me. 

I heard a knock on my door thinking it was Lina but it was my maid telling me it is time to get some preparation ready and how I want my day to be when the day comes. I excused myself from Oliver and started to think what was I doing parting my lips away from each other thinking we were getting into a close contact to kiss. 

He is married now with a beautiful woman who will come to appreciate how much he could offer.I had wished that William was here to embrace me and make me part my lips away from each other to lean in to wanting to feel his lips. I just knew this was never going to happen but I can always think what if? I had dinner with them where Lina kept her hand tied to his to show that they are married and his feelings for me will not change the outcomes of this situation. Every time he wanted his own hand she pulled it back toward hers again placing the hand with the rings on there. 

‘’Lina, please.’’ He stared at her but she refused to take it as a no. She was persistent in keeping things that belong to her, even a person in such a manner. 

‘’When are you getting married?’’ Lina asked me where I gagged on my food just hearing the word marriage because I remembered I had told Oliver that I didn't want to be married so why would she ask me this ?

‘’I will not get married in no time soon.’’ I said.

‘’Lina, why would you asked that?’’ He stares at her with a spoon in his hand full of broccoli in it. I had told Oliver that she is a woman with emotion and she is allowed to express them here in Alexandria. 

‘’I just wanted to know since we are here for a coronation but there is no man for her reign along her side as her king.’’ Lina says, so I respond telling her that i will not be getting married nor will have a king along my side.