Sixteen

~The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return~

When your soul aches for one another, you go to the person who is causing your heart to ache. I used to have one before until tragedy struck me so hard leading me to know that he will always be in my heart. My mother once told me that you don't choose who you fall for but I wish it were me and not William.

This morning I felt funny knowing the one I love is not here with me to hold my hand and eat strawberries with whipped cream. He is not here to chase me in the garden until he finally finds me where he has me in his arms kissing my neck and my cheek. I wish I could have this but fate had a plan all this time by taking the only man I ever loved. I never thought I would say I truly love someone for someone who is ruined with the thought of her mother's death and thought running across my mind and with the image of my father destroying the one thing my mother ever believed in.

I was hurt by the thought of love and the cost of love and what it can do when someone is loved. I truly loved William while Oliver truly loves me but where does the end of this love situation finally end. I can't lose my heart again to love once more so I would rather choose to close off my heart other than to let it be hurt again.

The maids came into the room where they helped me to get out of bed when I really did not want to get up. Then the maid was telling me how the tournament is today and I couldn't believe it because in Lenora history I have always loved the tournaments. I quickly got up where the maids helped me get dressed for the tournament. I was excited to see who could be the contestant for this tournament.

Once I was done dressing up, I headed to the dining hall seeing Oliver eating while waiting for someone.

''Who are you waiting for?''

''I am waiting for my wife since she bargain me to come to the tournament.''

''Oh,that is nice.''

''Your royal majesties, I announce to you duchess Benelia.'' The moment I heard Benelia name, I didn't sit down because I was ready to hug since she had been through it all with me. Benelia walked in the dining hall marching towards me ready to open her arms towards me.

''I missed you, dear cousin.''

''So have I.''  I can see the worry in her eyes where she told me I will need to be home after the tournament for there is a wage upon my head.

''What do you mean?''

''There is a king who is wanting your kingdom.''

''He will not have my kingdom.''

''He comes from London.''

''He shall not frighten me.''

I was wondering which king would be so defiant to challenge my kingdom unless he is seeking war upon me since I am a woman who is ruling a kingdom.

''Do you need help?''  Oliver asked.

''It's okay, I can handle this situation on my own.'' I went to send a letter to an ally from Scotland to give me all the details about this king and what he is seeking from my kingdom because I didn't want to trouble Oliver and his kingdom.

Oliver approached me holding my hand telling me to look him in the eyes but I didn't want to. He cupped my chin sending my head in the direction to stare at him directly in the eye.

''You don't need to hide that you need help.''

''I don't want to trouble you.''  I couldn't help myself to think about Oliver in that way but I just knew this will not happen since he is married and I am not ready to be out there anymore. Oliver helped me before the tournament to handle this situation but I didn't want him to be troubled by his wife. Lena never liked me all because of Oliver fondness feelings for me even though I had told her she doesn't need to worry about me redirecting them towards Oliver since I loved William.