Three

~ Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime.~

I went to see the queen to ask why she would want to see me but she asked me if she needed a reason to see me but I was so speechless knowing I wanted to spend my day with William. 

She was stirring her tea before she took a sip from her tea. "I want to say darling that you will marry my son even if it takes a year to get it planned.

"Your majesty, I know the deal so why are you telling me this?" I am curious to know why. 

"Can't you see I don't like you but you will fulfill your deal before your dead parents have arranged for you."  She told the maid to get her tea as she got up from her seat touching my face giving me a look.

" life can be fickle, can't it?" She sucked her teeth walking away from me at the table and she embarrassed me right in front of the maid. I could not believe she just said that to me when I am fighting this but agreeing to this since it was to bring our kingdom together. 

I couldn't help myself but to let the tears roll down my face, I can see that I have barged myself into a family that will cause me pain where I am grieving in my own pain. I am hoping she doesn't make trouble for me while I am planning my engagement to her son. Oliver came seeing me in tears so he wanted to help me but I refused him running to my room locking myself to cry more and curl myself on my bed. 

Minutes later, I look out the window seeing Oliver playing with the children. I was wondering where these children were when I was present. I went outside to see Oliver playing with them, he actually looked human when playing. 

I can't believe I said that, he is human and actually acts like one other than me. I am a person who is dead inside but not lively on the outside either. I started to hate his mother since she told me she doesn't like me all because of my line and my parents. She thinks my parents wanted to be tied down with their kingdom when I don't want to be tied down to their heir anyways since I just see he is a childish guy who seems to care about love.

I can't see how love is something people choose to go through when it brings pain and lust among others. I planned to marry Oliver for protection and not love.  Pain is a lifetime feeling of loss and love is a feeling of temporary relief that people called it to be. 

I touched Oliver's hand, then placed his hand on my chest telling him I am willingly trying to open up but I might not but will he accept me even if I don't? He looked at me confused and dazed wondering why would I come to him asking him something stupid like this because he is hoping that I like open my heart to love him but I know I will not. 

"Will you accept me even if I don't love you?" I asked but he still didn't know how to answer me.

"Do you know what I am talking about?" I felt like I was talking to some idiot. 

"I don't get what you are saying, Ophelia." He still look confused like some dumb boy that never left his mother hand. 

"What I'm saying is that I want to know will you accept me even when I don't love you?" I held his hand tightly waiting for his answer.

"Why can't you love me?" He asks but I walk away before I say something that might end up hurting him. He followed me by telling the guards to watch the children, I ran so quickly to my room, even locking the door but he got there as quickly as I thought he would never make it.

"Now explain to me the meaning of why you can't love me?" He sounds so serious at this moment about the fact I have told him I might not be able to love him which I know now he takes really seriously.

"Oliver, it is wrong to be in my room." I was trying ways to get him out of here but he refuses to leave.

"Why?I don't get it,Are you not trying to love me,is that it?" He stared at my room waiting for an answer from me but I didn't think it would be best to say anything until I heard William knocking on my door.

Oliver opened the door seeing William standing outside my door all elegant. He wants to take me on a date which could take the ease out of my mind. 

"Don't expect her to fall in love." Oliver walked away from me leading himself to the dining table.

"So do you want to go, young sir?" I asked him politely.

"I would love to take you out to the dining room to eat with us then I have something for you." He took my hand leading me to the dining room but I can feel all eyes on me, especially Oliver's eyes.

William pulled out a chair for me to sit next to him which I did. Oliver's mother does not look happy since she wants me to be like that with her son instead of his friend.

"So just to let you know darling, your wedding is henceforth in three weeks." His mother ate her steak like a happy woman who is ready to marry me off.

"Three weeks!" Oliver and I shouted in unison.

"No shouting at the table." She ate her steak but I couldn't eat it now. I know I haven't even buried my family yet but I am supposed to plan a wedding soon.

"Can't we wait until I have a funeral for my family?" I asked her royal majesty but she told me I can plan a funeral and a wedding at the same time. I could not believe I am getting married to a man with a cold hearted mother who hates me,Oliver didn't even look at me at all. After dinner, I spent a little time with William until I went to my room writing a letter back to my kingdom in Alexandria hoping someone is alive and can tell me what happened after the death of my parents.

I waited for the letter within a week period but still there was no response so I thought I could speak with Oliver to tell him I will be going to Alexandria to handle some business but he didn't trust for me to be there so he insisted that he went with me.

We left at the break of dawn in a carriage ride where he and I did not speak to each other at all. I was silent so was he, I can tell I have bare him pain.

"Oliver ,may you speak with me?" I asked.

"What do you have to say?" He asks.

"Once we are married, I am not ready to give my virtue to you." I told.

"You don't have to worry about that Ophelia, you can have your own room and not worry about losing your virtue to me let alone force your way into loving me even though you have told me." He couldn't look me in the eye. 

I felt bad for hurting him like this but I just knew I found love silly and there is no point in getting your heart broken by someone you trust or love.